Ask
    Sadmanul Haque Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 23, 2014, 10:26 AM
    IN New York which Versities prefer IELTS
    In New York which University prefer IELTS
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Nov 5, 2015, 03:10 AM
    You will have to contact each University and ask if they will accept it. As noted the IELTS is normally used in Europe, Australia, and a few other places. The TOEFL is the normal test for the US.

There has been some large scandals with the TOEFL testing (at least in China) the last few years so some American Universities are also accepting the IELTS but that list changes daily and you need to just contact the different Universities.

Also if you pasted the IELTS, and need to take the TOEFL, they are very simuliar. I taught TOEFL for the past 5 years but now teach IELTS and there are only minor differences.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to study IELTS well? [ 1 Answers ]

I am a freshmen from university, and we have CET 4 during June. I want to study IELTS well to achieve my goals-- STUDY ABROAD.So I would like to know how to study IELTS?

Ielts reading [ 1 Answers ]

Sir/Madam, Please help me ,I've written "y"instead of"yes" in my reading task... is my answer valid?? and if I don't score well when can I take the exams again??

US universities will accept IELTS [ 1 Answers ]

Sir, I got IELTS score 5.5 and I need to confirm that ,will US universities accept the ielts test and also with this 5.5 band in ielts.please reply me soon . Thanking you Sir.

Ielts [ 1 Answers ]

Dear All, I want to give IELTS Exam, can anyone please tell me some web links of practical tests and guides for preparation for IELTS. Thanks noonari

View more questions Search