Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Sep 23, 2014, 08:07 AM
    Advice for Minor injuries
    I was in a car accident 7 weeks ago and slipped two discs from the impact, one each in my neck and lower back. I have been recovering well with medical care and physical therapy and rest with that but then, two weeks ago, I fell at home (tripped over something - the place is a disaster because I'm in the middle of rennovations). The condition of my back and neck may have been a factor because I was in quite a bit of pain at the time. I broke my fall with my right arm and have had weakness and pain in it since, but it's clear I did not break anything - I have full range of movement and there was no bruising or swelling, so I've just been using ice and favoring it a bit, and it's been improving. My physical therapist didn't seem to think I needed to do any more about it and didn't think it hurt my back and neck recovery at all. In the time since though, I've had three MORE minor accidents. I twisted my ankle getting off my regular commuter train and damned near feel down the steps - I ride it twice a day, every day and have never mistepped before. Another day, I tripped up a staircase when I misplaced the same foot on which I had previously twisted the ankle. And today, I slipped in my front entry on the tile floor and went flying, sprawling out and breaking my fall with the same injured arm, twisting the same ankle yet again as well. I'm wondering if there are conditions that might make me more accident prone, or if already being injured to some degree makes a person more prone to falling? I'm wondering if I need to go see someone about how accident prone I have been and if I need to be concerned about something more serious going on with all this falling and tripping. Obviously, the car accident was not medically caused, but three trips/falls in a few weeks? I'm so sore all over - ugh. The one time I did trip over a shelf that was on the floor waiting to be installed, but normally I'm very agile and wouldn't have tripped on that. If I do go see someone, what kind of doctor should I go to see, and what kinds of questions should I ask? I'm fifty and am worried that if I keep falling I'm going to feel closer to 80. Thanks, all!
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 23, 2014, 04:12 PM
    What 'medical care?' Painkillers, by any chance?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Sep 23, 2014, 05:57 PM
    "If I do go see someone, what kind of doctor should I go to see, and what kinds of questions should I ask?" This should have been done 7 weeks ago! A Neurologist or Orthopedic doctor perhaps?
    dontknownuthin Posts: 2,910, Reputation: 751
    Ultra Member

Sep 24, 2014, 06:21 AM
    I am under orthopedic care and am going to physical therapy three times a week related to the original neck and back injuries. I asked them about the tripping and falling and they didn't think much of it, just thought I need to be more careful. I was on prescription muscle relaxants and pain pills for two weeks after the car accident but am now only using a standard dose of Aleve. I was only using Aleve when all the subsequent trips and falls occurred. I'm worried about whether this is a sign of something like MS. I am too young to be so unstable on my feet. Or should I see a different doctor about my back? Could the back injury impact my stability? The doctor I am seeing is saying "no" and giving me the brush off about it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Minor dating a minor.3 year difference, does it matter? [ 13 Answers ]

OK I turn 16 on April 28th, this girl turns 13 in September, I thought I heard something about a law stating something about it being illegal for someone to date 3 years younger than them. She's just a couple months off,and she is really mature, but I'm worried about her parents being able to...

If a minor misses court date, who gets in trouble? Guardian and/or the minor? [ 1 Answers ]

If a 16-year-old with a court date (stealing, $100) doesn't show up for the appointment, does the guardian get in trouble alone, or the 16-year-old as well? State is TN.

My minor nephew molested my minor daughter [ 8 Answers ]

Approximately 10 years ago, my sister and her children visited for a weekend of swimming. My daughter, then about 6 or 7, went up to her bedroom and was followed by my 14 or so year old nephew. My daughter has recently told us he approached her and touched her either through her suit or around...

Spinal Injuries [ 2 Answers ]

I was diagnosed with slipped/herniated disk. I was wondering if it could be cured. Also if I could go back to practising marshal arts and normal activities?

Basketball Injuries [ 5 Answers ]

I really want to make the varsity team my freshman year. I'm 5'11'', 155lbs, very lean (I have a six pack), 14 years old. I just broke my foot 3 months ago and got off the cast 1 month ago, so I'm still weak on that foot. I could touch rim before I broke it. My strengths are: I'm the fastest...

View more questions Search