Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    7up Posts: 180, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2014, 03:56 PM
    Oil filter houseing
    I have a 2007 chevy uplander with a 3.5 litter eng.the problem I'm having is oil is leaking from around the bolt that holds the oil filter housing to the engine block also there is a small hose coming from it so I'm thinking it's a oil cooler,so if is how do I remove to replace the gasket
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Sep 22, 2014, 04:35 PM
    I haven't encountered that set-up before. However, it appears if you proceed as before and remove the oil filter canister, everything should become apparent. It looks like if you remove the filter, the special oil filter housing gasket will be exposed and you'll just pry it off. Then, install a new gasket and filter and that will likely eliminate the leak.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Oil filter? [ 1 Answers ]

Just bought a 2009 Craftsman LT2000 Model 917.28903 lawn mower. I'm about to get it ready for the season and I can't seem to locate an oil filter. My buddy says some models have no oil filter; is this the case with mine?

Oil Filter [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 2012 Hyundai Santa Fe SUV and am having trouble locating the oil filter. Can you advise the location?

Bypass oil filter [ 0 Answers ]

Hi, I would like to install Franz Bypass Oil Filter on my new Toyota Tacoma (2010) and would like to know what is the best place to top the "intake" and "return" hose. I will be doing it by myself but want to looks very professional. Is there any plug on engine block for "intake" ? How about...

Oil fills carb and oil filter [ 0 Answers ]

I have a 15 hp briggs on a dixion rider after a half hour of mowing it starts to choke the mower out . Pull the filter off and its got oil in the filter and the carb.. I changed the breather filter and hose. Still dose it. Any thing else to check>?? Thanks..

Oil filter location [ 1 Answers ]

Where the oil filter would be on my toro 624 powershift snowblower?

View more questions Search