Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    StacyLee15 Posts: 12, Reputation: 3

Sep 20, 2014, 04:24 PM
    Summary of Geoff Colvin's article What It Takes To Be Great
    I need a summary (ASAP, IF POSSIBLE!!!TY) to of Geoff Colvin's article "What It Takes To Be Great" Thanks SOO MUCH! <3
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 20, 2014, 04:31 PM
    Homework assignemnt I see... Sorry, site rues specify we can't do your assignment for you. We however can critique your answers once you give them to us.

Sep 20, 2014, 04:33 PM
    It's homework, but I just want a summary to look at so I can have an idea of what to right. I'm stuck. :(

Write*
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Sep 20, 2014, 05:15 PM
    Then Google and find a summary online. No one is going to spend the time to write a summary for you.

Sad to say that you're actually going to have to put in the work yourself. We don't do homework on this site.

Good luck. :)
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 20, 2014, 05:37 PM
    Your question is dripping with irony, and you don't even notice? LOL!
    Pets Expert

Sep 20, 2014, 06:05 PM
    LMAO Joy. So true. Love it. Have to spread the love, but totally agree. :)

Sep 20, 2014, 06:07 PM
    I need an answer. Not your opinions to what I should do or how I should say anything. It's either you answer me or u don't. -.-
    Uber Member

Sep 20, 2014, 06:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by StacyLee15 View Post
    I need an answer. Not your opinions to what I should do or how I should say anything. It's either you answer me or u don't. -.-
    Whatr part of WE DON'T DO YOUR HOMEWORK. Do you not understand. Its part of this sites rules. You are also breaking the site rules by getting rude about it.

You could have used Google or read the assignment and managed to do it in the time you've spent trying to avoid it tonight.

Sep 20, 2014, 06:13 PM
    I'm sorry. But, I've already stated that I just need one for ideas. Not to copy it. So you're not doing my homework.
    Uber Member

Sep 20, 2014, 06:14 PM
    Then why is it ASAP? Why can't you take the time and read it yourself... EVERYTHING points to homework. We've ALL been through High School, many of us have been through College... this screams homework. This is not someone pulls out of thin air on a whim...NEEDING to know in a hurry.....for a personal curiousity. They would read the entire book themselves.... if they were interested in the topic. A summary is no subsitute in this case. A summary proves you read the assignment to the teacher/instructor/professor.

Sep 20, 2014, 06:16 PM
    I have taken the time. I've read it over and over. I've only got half. It seems like that's the only details I can get. :|
    Uber Member

Sep 20, 2014, 06:19 PM
    So give us what you have already... show us you did something... even if its wrong we will point you in the right direction or show you where you went wrong... however without that... we have to assume you never did it.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Sep 20, 2014, 06:20 PM
    Stacy, you need to show us what you have written. We will give you guidance, but you have to do the work.

So what do you have so far?

Sep 20, 2014, 06:26 PM
    The central focus of Geoff Colvin's article "What It Takes To Be Great" published October 30th, 2006 in Fortune Magazine, is research on the fact that natural talent doesn't come naturally, but that it comes from hard work and dedicated practice. The good news is that your lack of a natural gift is irrelevant – talent has little or nothing to do with greatness. You can make yourself into any number of things, and you can even make yourself great. It’s nice to believe that if you find the field where you’re naturally gifted, you’ll be great from day one, but it doesn’t happen. There’s no evidence of high-level performance without experience or practice.

They conclude that practice makes perfect but it has to be practice that is focused on improving performance – challenge your comfort zone in that area – and gives you feedback:

The best people in any field are those who devote the most hours to what the researchers call “deliberate practice.” It’s activity that’s explicitly intended to improve performance, that reaches for objectives just beyond one’s level of competence, provides feedback on results and involves high levels of repetition.

The article then goes to the business side:

How do you practice business? Many elements of business, in fact, are directly practicable. Presenting, negotiating, delivering evaluations, deciphering financial statements – you can practice them all.

Still, they aren’t the essence of great managerial performance. That requires making judgments and decisions with imperfect information in an uncertain environment, interacting with people, seeking information – can you practice those things too?

The key according to the article is to change your mindset: Instead of merely trying to get it done, you aim to get better at it. It is about constant improvements, Kaizen, and seeking feedback and ways to measure your progress.
    I have an ending, but I still need more before I can end it.
    Ending: In summary, change your mindset – aim to get better at what you do – and then practice to make you great.
    Pets Expert

Sep 20, 2014, 07:00 PM
    I'm sorry. But, I've already stated that I just need one for ideas. Not to copy it. So you're not doing my homework.
    Do you understand what you're asking? You're asking someone to write you a summary. That takes time, it's not instant. So you're asking someone that read the article, to sit down and write a summary for you, while you sit at your computer and wait.

It's not about you copying it, it's about someone else doing your work for you while you sit and wait for it.

No one is going to do that, not for free. I have kids, I have a life, I don't have time to first read the article, and then spend time writing a summary for you about the article, because you're too lazy to do it! Not happening!

In other words, the answer is no. We don't do homework here, and this would be us doing your homework. In fact, we'd be putting way more effort into it than you're apparently willing to.

If you want a summary, find it on Google, or find a site that's willing to do this for you. I guarantee it won't be free.

Good luck.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 20, 2014, 07:08 PM
    If the author me

Sep 20, 2014, 07:10 PM
    Do you understand what you're asking? You're asking someone to write you a summary. That takes time, it's not instant. So you're asking someone that read the article, to sit down and write a summary for you, while you sit at your computer and wait.

It's not about you copying it, it's about someone else doing your work for you while you sit and wait for it.

No one is going to do that, not for free. I have kids, I have a life, I don't have time to first read the article, and then spend time writing a summary for you about the article, because you're too lazy to do it! Not happening!

In other words, the answer is no. We don't do homework here, and this would be us doing your homework. In fact, we'd be putting way more effort into it than you're apparently willing to.

If you want a summary, find it on Google, or find a site that's willing to do this for you. I guarantee it won't be free.

Good luck.

Welll, you did just write a summary of your thoughts after reading the comments and my question. So, how don't you have time? Lmfao
    Pets Expert

Sep 20, 2014, 07:32 PM
    Welll, you did just write a summary of your thoughts after reading the comments and my question. So, how don't you have time? Lmfao
    A summary on my thoughts is easy. They're my thoughts.

A summary on an article is harder, they're not my thoughts, they're someone else's. If it were easy you wouldn't be asking for us to do it for you, would you?

Why don't you have the time to do this? It's your homework, not ours.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 20, 2014, 07:39 PM
    How long does it have to be? The article is subheaded/sectioned. Did you take ideas from each section?
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Sep 20, 2014, 09:12 PM
    Here's your summary in four words:you're lazy and rude!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

US-China tax treaty article 20(c) and article 19 [ 1 Answers ]

I came from China in 1998 on F-1 visa, graduated in 2005 and became a professor in a college, switched to H1B in 2006. I had claimed the $5000 tax-treaty benefit until and including year 2006. I paid tax and filed tax return as a regular resident alien for tax years 2007 and 2008. According to the...

When and where takes place the first great run in the world [ 2 Answers ]

I want to ask you the time and the place where

I'm some trouble, looking at article 107 and article 86 [ 3 Answers ]

Well here is my story; I enlisted in the Air Force for four years. I was due to separate June 23rd with an honorable discharge. I have had my fair share of trouble before, I received and Article 15 for being drunk and disorderly and have had a fair share of paper work. I was still given an...

GREAT ARTICLE for some of the stuff we are discussing here... ATTRACTION! [ 41 Answers ]

Interest Level - The Secret to Creating Attraction By Bogie62 Copyright © 2006, Seduction Insider, www.seductioninsider.com. ADD: Seduction Insider To Your Home Page ADD: Seduction Insider To Your Favorites You Like Her First... Big Mistake A common theme in many of the threads...

View more questions Search