Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Virojosh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2014, 01:46 PM
    A student recorded the length of a piece of wire measured with the meter scale as 98?
    A student recorded the length of a piece of wire measured with the meter scale as 98.6cm. What is the relative error in the measurement?
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Sep 20, 2014, 02:41 PM
    This sounds like homework. We can help you, but won't do it for you. Please post your attempt and someone will come along to help you.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Sep 21, 2014, 05:33 PM
    Depends on the instrument you are measuring with. But as a general rule:
    The degree of accuracy is half a unit each side of the unit of measure.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Sep 21, 2014, 07:14 PM
    A meter scale could be a stick like a yard stick or a steel bar. You need to give more specifics or just go with ma0641 because its should get you past this quiz.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2014, 08:41 PM
    14 mm is not much in a meter measurement

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

In an experiment with a simple pendulum a student recorded 10 complete oscillations I [ 2 Answers ]

In an experiment with a simple pendulum a student recorded 10 complete oscillations in 25 seconds. The effective length of the pendulum is a)10 b)25 c)2.5 d)0.4

220V wire size (80 ft length) [ 1 Answers ]

I've been reading these thread and already have a wealth of information. Thank you Basic Info: I have a bridgeport mill, and DoAll band saw. Both of which are 220 3phase. I'm going to have a rotary phase converter to supply the 3 phase. The Saw has 3hp & Instant Amps 28 (prob for he blade...

What is the defferent between 3phase 3 wire and 3 phase 4 wire energy meter? [ 3 Answers ]

What is the different between 3phase 3 wire and 3 phase 4 wire energy meter?

60 AMP feeder line to meter and from meter is 200 AMP wire to my electrical box. [ 13 Answers ]

I have a old 60 AMP feeder line from the top of my house to the meter. From the meter is 200 AMP new wire. I was wondering if this is even safe and what would the cost be of updating the feeder line?

How to wire a ct meter pan [ 1 Answers ]

I want to know which side of a ct is the line and which side is the load on a 400 amp meter pan

View more questions Search