Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lala2525 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2014, 05:40 AM
    Internet Connection
    I have windows 7 on my desktop. I'm not big on technology, so my answer may be fairly simple. I get an internet not available error on Internet Explorer and Goggle Chrome a lot. Especially after the computer has locked, but the internet is connected through an Ethernet cord. I'll have to close the browser and reopen it a couple times before it picks up the internet. Is this something to do with the OS or the internet provider I'm using?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 20, 2014, 05:54 AM
    Your Internet provider should be your first line of check at this point. One way to check is to ping a site.

Go to the start menu and, in the Run box type CMD. This will open a command Line prompt. At the command line type:

Ping yahoo.com

If it responds with 4 lines showing Ping times, then your Internet connection is up and the problem is probably your browser. If it doesn't then the problem is probably your connection and you need to contact your provider.
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Sep 20, 2014, 12:32 PM
    Sometimes the default setting on the network card is set to turn off the power to it when idle for an amount of time. Check to see if that could be the issue, if so you want to uncheck that option:
    Information about power management setting on a network adapter

You can use Device Manager to change the power management settings for a network adapter. To disable this setting in Device Manager, expand Network Adapters, right-click the adapter, click Properties, click the Power Management tab, and then clear the Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power check box.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wii connection to internet check internet connection [ 1 Answers ]

My internet connection is fine I just can't post anything on craigslist looking for giving me that there a message I'm tired of all the issues on craigslist you can't post anything on craigslist. I can't even log in to my craigslist account something about a warning

I cannot access to internet but the internet connection is good [ 10 Answers ]

Hi there, I have a problem, and I have no clue about it. I have a wireless internet connection and I don't know what happened but I can not access to the internet. The wireless connection is fine, there is the green icon saying that the signal is perfect, but when I open the internet...

How do I get internet connection when there is a connection problem? [ 3 Answers ]

I have clear internet service but cannot connect the internet

Internet Connection [ 4 Answers ]

Need to connect to internet through a DSL or a Dial up Line, please give instructions step by step. I am not good in English and also a beginner in computers, not conversant with associated terminlogies

Internet connection [ 1 Answers ]

Good morning I'm having a problem accessing AOL with my home computer. Each time I log on AOL ask I down load again and restart my computer. I have to do this each time I log on. What can I do ?

View more questions Search