Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lara87 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2014, 03:36 AM
    Carpet beetles
    I've saw a few carpet beetles around my home and I've searched every were n can not find a nest no were I've been getting fresh bites all over my body n they are not bed bugs because I've had my whole bed out and searched I've searched my children's beds as well and not found a thing, it's doing my head in as I live in a high rise flat and haven't got a clue how they come in the 1st place, the flat use to have fleas because the next door neighbour had animals n spread to my home I had to bomb my whole house and never saw one since that was 2yrs ago, carpet beetles DO BITE I've witnessed it?.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Sep 20, 2014, 05:55 AM
    Have you considered the possibility of bat bugs instead of bedbugs? They look similar to bedbugs and to carpet beetles, but seldom nest in bedding. Other species that act similarly include swallow bugs and poultry bugs. In a high rise building one might expect to encounter them coming inside from nests just as easily as bedbugs coming in from neighboring apartments. Here's an info page from Colorado State about the various blood feeders in that family: Bat Bugs and Bed Bugs

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Removing Carpet Beetles from Car [ 1 Answers ]

Last summer I noticed quite a few black beetles In my car. Some were as tiny as pin heads, others up to a 1/4 in long. After researching the actual bug online I determined this was a carpet beetle. All I could figure was that earlier that spring I had helped someone move some boxes and they must...

How to bid on a carpet cleaning job at 5000 square feet of carpet [ 2 Answers ]

Hello I'm bidding on a real estate contract,just doing the buffing and waxing of the tile floors every week at 280 square feet,and cleaning of the carpets bonnet cleaning weekly for spots and extractions once a month at 5000 square feet no cleaning of the building at this time.what would be the...

Japanese beetles [ 2 Answers ]

I planted a new tree in the spring and the japanese beetles have gotten to it. The leaves are all damaged. Is there any way to save this tree? Can I totally remove the leaves and will that give it new life? Should I fertilize it?

Carpet Beetles [ 3 Answers ]

I have about a week left in my apartment but just recently discovered what I thought were worms in my bed, closet, and on the carpeting. They are very tiny and a yellowish/orange color. I have found only a handful - maybe 2 alive and the other were dead. I did a search online, and it appears these...

Beetles [ 1 Answers ]

What is the best way to rid beetles that are eating the leaves of my outdoor plants other than using one of those beetle bags

View more questions Search