Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hailyRcollons Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2014, 03:28 AM
    Best bridal diaper?
    Where is the best place to buy a bridal diaper? I just started looking and there is way more choices than I could have guessed. It has to be comfortable and must not leak, lol!

I would really rather buy online! What bridal diaper have you ladies used? Where did you get it ? Did everything work out well with it? Did you end up having a cover for it or did you just use the diaper? I have heard of it both ways.

Thanks for your help!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 20, 2014, 03:30 AM
    Oh goodness. Most brides I know are potty trained and don't need diapers.

Sep 20, 2014, 03:36 AM
    Lol, thanks
    Expert

Sep 20, 2014, 03:41 AM
    Don't you think wearing a diaper on your wedding day is totally humiliating and disgusting?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 20, 2014, 04:30 AM
    "A diaper that is used when a wedding dress is too big or complicated to easily use the bathroom."

Somehow this calls to mind the overbreeding of bulldogs, whose heads are now so big that the pups must be delivered by Cesarean.

Just warn your bridesmaids that they will be helping you pee. Giving new meaning to the word bridesmaid. Or maybe a very old one, who knows.

Sep 20, 2014, 04:38 AM
    Yes and no, it was suggested to me by some friends and the manger of the venue. I wanted to research this before I totally dismiss the idea
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Sep 20, 2014, 04:45 AM
    There are a number do adult "diapers" on the market now. If I were looking for one, I would purchase several and try them out under your clothing to determine which is least noticeable and most absorbent.

I would imagine that it is similar to infant diapers... many people will have a preference depending on which worked best for their baby and not everyone will agree. Hence why there are numerous brands available.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 20, 2014, 04:48 AM
    I honestly, in all the 100's of weddings done, never heard of this

Most weddings, the time in dress, is not that long
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 20, 2014, 04:51 AM
    Sure, fit and comfort and what shows and all that.
    But what about walking around with a wet diaper on? Speaking as an older woman who hasn't always been able to get to a bathroom in time, even having something like a mini pad or paper towel in my panties, it isn't something I would want to endure at my wedding, just for the sake of a dress.
    Expert

Sep 20, 2014, 05:02 AM
    I find the idea humiliating and disgusting. Peeing your pants at your own wedding. I can imagine how sexy the groom would think you are when you excuse yourself to remove a urine soaked diaper on your wedding night.

If your dress is going to be too cumbersome, find another dress or have your brides maids assist you to the toilet. Imagine how hard it will be to change the diaper should it become saturated.

A picture of urine trickling down the leg when it's time for the groom to remove the garter comes to mind.
    Uber Member

Sep 20, 2014, 05:06 AM
    I've not heard of it either, but I imagine it's not something the bride would normally share!

I know infant diapers can be quite absorbent, and you can't always tell if baby has wet, unless they haven't been changed in awhile and have gone more than once. The design is to keep the moisture away from baby's skin.

I imagine adult diapers would be made to be very absorbent so that you aren't feeling the wetness as well....unless you are going a few times perhaps. I wouldn't think someone would wear one the entire wedding and reception and going in it several times.

Personally, like J_9 said, I'd find a different dress.
    Expert

Sep 20, 2014, 05:11 AM
    I just can't imagine knowing that you are purposely urinating on yourself on one of the most important days of your life. I just can't wrap my head around that.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 20, 2014, 06:00 AM
    If your dress is going to be too cumbersome, find another dress
    I'm with J_9 here. I can't even imagine a dress so cumbersome that you would need one.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Sep 20, 2014, 06:39 AM
    I can understand why a 'diaper' might be advised even if the dress is easy to get in and out of. It sounds like it would be a precaution against accidents instead of actual use. Dress aside, I don't know how far the bathrooms are from where you will be or how accessible. Plan for the worst...

If that is the case, I suggest using a regular thin maxi-pad for back-up especially if you are worried about leakage due to such things as nerves or sneezes. Plan bathroom breaks into your schedule. (I think many couples think about the ceremony, pictures, reception, etc. and forget about the other details such as bodily functions.) Ask your bridesmaids for assistance.

Congratulations and good luck.

Sep 20, 2014, 06:48 AM
    When I put this out there I had no idea it would bring such a discussion, lol the dress shop gave me a few samples. I have to test this out now to see if its all that bad, lol
    Expert

Sep 20, 2014, 06:55 AM
    I can understand dribbles due to laughing, coughing, or sneezing. In that case there are pads that would be appropriate. When I looked up "bridal diapers" I found sites that catered to actual diapers allowing urination because the dress was too cumbersome to allow actual toilet breaks.

What exactly are you looking for?
    Uber Member

Sep 20, 2014, 07:00 AM
    Trying different sorts out is definitely key. Find what is going to help you be most comfortable whether you are worried about just possible leakage or have a dress that you feel will make it too difficult to use the toilet should the need arise.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 20, 2014, 07:14 AM
    All that comes to mind is, good lord, and WHY?

Doesn't sound like its intended for people with a preexisting incontenance problems.

I've also never, ever heard of such a thing before today and I'm in my 50's.

Most brides tend to go for sexy panties....usually white, fancy, intricate, something not for everyday wear, but never heard of diapers.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Sep 20, 2014, 08:57 AM
    Oh my goodness! I have never heard of such a thing and I can't believe you would even consider it. If you need help using the restroom, then ask your bridesmaids to hold your dress up while you use the toilet. I don't think your groom will find it appealing at all to find his new bride using a diaper for convenience. I don't even think it should ever be used as an option. If your bridesmaids can't help you, then reconsider your dress choice.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 20, 2014, 09:20 AM
    I don't imagine the groom would ever see it or know about it (unless you tell him and I wouldn't). When I was married, the bride and groom had separate changing rooms where we changed into our wedding garb and then into our traveling clothes.

The superstition about the groom not seeing the bride in her gown before the wedding has, from what I know, been lost to the technology of photography and videography. At just about every wedding I've been involved in the wedding party does photos before the ceremony. So the bride does need to get into her dress long enough before the ceremony.

But I still don't quite understand a dress that makes this a necessity.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Adult diaper rash [ 1 Answers ]

I had diarrhea now I have a rash around my anus. It burns when I urinate and it itches. Can I put triamcinolone acetonide or miconazole nitrate on it? Or what do you recommend?

What to do about diaper rash? [ 4 Answers ]

My little one has a rash and it's a little spot that won't go away with any cream and its starting to look really bad. What do I do?

Baby Diaper Rash [ 0 Answers ]

My Newborn baby has diaper rash and nothing is open right now to get cream I have "Baza Protect 2 occlusive skin Protectant Cream" but don't know if it safe to use as I used on my elderly mother when she need diapers.

When will she diaper from our lives [ 13 Answers ]

When will he and i be really togather as a couple

Handmade diaper bag [ 1 Answers ]

So I am pregnant and have been put on bed rest for the next few weeks. So technically I am trying to keep myself from going crazy. A friend of mine has a diaper bag that her sister made her and I would like to make my own. I have yet to find a pattern on line. So if anyone has a pattern they...

View more questions Search