Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 20, 2014, 09:35 AM
    I know from my mil that even the extra-absorbent Depends hold only so much urine. And there might be an odor, so yes, reconsider what dress you wear so you won't have to depend on a Depend.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Sep 20, 2014, 09:55 AM
    Many events, and situations, for some women require a little protection, or reassurance that a wet spot won't show/smell, on the actual formal attire.

Some weddings go beyond a quick time frame, and starting into the church or venue, and finally getting out after all the hullabaloo at the exit with congratulations, pictures, quick conversations, etc. can delay getting to the bathroom a very long and uncomfortable time, especially if one leaks.

Inadequate rest, stress, nervousness, too much coffee, too many details, directions, corrections, last minute instructions, unforeseen events, etc. all contribute to a few leaks, if one leaks.

I remember being a bumblebee one halloween. It was a leotard, stockings, black turtleneck, and yellow tape circled around me from the neck down. Add antenna and makeup, and black boots- well, try getting undressed to go to the bathroom. I had help, and managed, and perhaps the wedding dress has special undergarments, slips, etc. and it's just heavy and awkward. A 'just in case' thing is what I'm guessing, and I agree that if you can get away with a pad, use a pad.

But, if you are as or more comfortable in an adult type diaper- maybe the wedding diapers come with frills?- then by all means wear what is comfortable, at least until the night settles down.

Best of luck and congratulations!
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Sep 20, 2014, 12:44 PM
    I have to say, I used to work in a store right across from an old age home. The majority of the patrons coming in wore adult diapers. How did I know? The smell.

I can't tell you how many times an older person would come to the register and I could smell the urine 10 feet before they got to me.

There are no diapers, adult, children, or other, that can hide the smell of urine. Also, can you actually get yourself to pee in your pants? I know I couldn't, even with a diaper on.

Totally up to you, but my opinion, you couldn't pay me to wear a diaper, especially on a day where everyone will want to see you, hug you, congratulate you. Do you really want the entire group saying "Nice day, but the bride smells like pee"?
    Pets Expert

Sep 20, 2014, 12:56 PM
    On second thought, talk to your fiancé about this. I mean, he's the one that's going to be taking off this diaper at the end of the night. How romantic, "Honey, can you please take off my soggy diaper? Oh, and can you put a little powder on so I don't smell so bad. Now, let's get down to it. I want you! Why are you walking away? Don't you think I'm sexy?"

I had a very full wedding dress, crinoline and everything. Our reception was at a hotel. My parents got a room so they could stay the night, and so did hubby and I. When I had to pee, I went to the room, took off my dress, and peed, all by myself. So proud of me! :)

Yes, it took time, but really, unless you have a bladder infection or drink like a horse, how often will you have to go pee?

Any option is better than wearing a diaper and smelling like urine the entire night. Just gross on so many levels. EWWW!
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 20, 2014, 01:40 PM
    Yes, well, it is conplicated to have to urinate when you are wearing a mega wedding dress; but yes, that is what bridesmaids are for

If you are extremely incontinent, and need something, visit your local pharmacy and you will find pull ups that will fit the bill.

You guys, this was a legitimate question. We don't know what the bride's situation is; incontinence and needing suggestions.

Some of these posts were rude.
    Pets Expert

Sep 20, 2014, 04:12 PM
    I didn't find any of the posts rude. Brutally honest, yes. Rude, no.

If it is a matter of having a condition that requires this type of undergarment, that should have been mentioned in the post so we could base our answers on that information. We can only go by what we're told.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 20, 2014, 05:45 PM
    I have a friend who is 70 and goes camping a lot. She has a special funnel designed for peeing standing up. Use a baby wipe and voilà, back to the reception.
    Pets Expert

Sep 20, 2014, 06:04 PM
    There's also the stadium pal. It basically attaches to you, it has a hose, and a collection bag by your foot. Just do your thing, the pee goes down the hose and is collected in a bag. Like a do it yourself colostomy bag. Hiding the bag isn't easy, but if your dress is long enough no one should see it. Just hope the hose doesn't break, or the bag, otherwise you'll have a huge mess.

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&...75775273,d.cGU

Still prefer actually going to the bathroom. Don't think that I could let it go, even if I knew no one would know about it. Other than me suddenly being very still mid conversation at my wedding.

"Ahhhhhhhh! Sorry, what were you saying? I just had to pee" Can't get my head around that part at all.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 20, 2014, 08:16 PM
    It is called a catheter. Inserted in the urethra with a tube to a small bag taped to the leg. Used for people who are completely incontinent.
    Pets Expert

Sep 21, 2014, 04:58 PM
    Tickle, look at the link I posted. The one I'm talking about is called the Stadium pal, not at all for people that are incontinent, but for people that go to a lot of stadium events, concerts, etc, and don't want to miss part of the show by standing in long lines waiting for the bathroom.
    hailyRcollons Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 24, 2014, 06:50 AM
    OK wow, lol a lot of response! Thanks for your help! I found a local medical supply shop that was more than happy to help, they actually gave me many samples! I found that most were comfortable! Once I got up the nerve to actually wet one... lol felt silly at the time. Really wasn't bad. After a second you cant even fell the wetness! What they explained to me at the store was buy a good quality diaper. Anything like depend or stuff at cvs or what not is why you would smell, leak or be uncomfortable. I ended up with what is called a tena stretch brief. During my test I went twelve hours with nobody being able to tell I was wearing it and only changed once in the middle!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 24, 2014, 07:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by hailyRcollons View Post
    OK wow, lol a lot of response! Thanks for your help! I found a local medical supply shop that was more than happy to help, they actually gave me many samples! I found that most were comfortable! Once I got up the nerve to actually wet one... lol felt silly at the time. Really wasn't bad. After a second you cant even fell the wetness! What they explained to me at the store was buy a good quality diaper. Anything like depend or stuff at cvs or what not is why you would smell, leak or be uncomfortable. I ended up with what is called a tena stretch brief. During my test I went twelve hours with nobody being able to tell I was wearing it and only changed once in the middle!

Unless you have a bladder control problem I can't see why you would you would want to humiliate yourself. If you have a bladder control problem you could catheterize yourself with a leg bag.

Personally, as a woman with no bladder control issues, and who has been married twice, find it humiliating and disgusting to urinate on oneself.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 24, 2014, 07:55 AM
    Sorry, but if MY wife wore a diaper to our wedding... its a vision that would haunt me the rest of the marriage that I could never get out of my head. I'd be seeing that diaper every time I looked at her even if she never wore one again.

Medical neccessity is one thing.....but there is actually a cult fetish involving diapers......ewwww..
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 24, 2014, 08:03 AM
    I do have to ask why you are even considering this if you don't have a urinary problem.

I'm thinking troll here.
    Pets Expert

Sep 24, 2014, 04:55 PM
    J, at first I thought troll too, but after doing some research, this is actually a business! There are companies that actually make diapers just for brides that don't want to be bothered trying to go to the bathroom in their wedding dress.

I still can't imagine it, and I'm grossed out by the thought of it, which many people that posted on these companies websites also stated. But, I do have to say this. If you have a huge dress, one of those that barely fits through the door, we're talking Cinderella princess dress with hoops and enough crinoline to fill a house, and your venue only provides a bathroom with, at best, a handicapped stall for size, then I can understand why some brides may be looking into this option.

I wouldn't be able to do it. The very thought of it makes me want to gag. But, if you have a super huge dress that can't fit into a bathroom stall at your venue, this may be your only choice. Either that or don't drink anything all day so that you don't have to urinate, which is not a good idea.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Adult diaper rash [ 1 Answers ]

I had diarrhea now I have a rash around my anus. It burns when I urinate and it itches. Can I put triamcinolone acetonide or miconazole nitrate on it? Or what do you recommend?

What to do about diaper rash? [ 4 Answers ]

My little one has a rash and it's a little spot that won't go away with any cream and its starting to look really bad. What do I do?

Baby Diaper Rash [ 0 Answers ]

My Newborn baby has diaper rash and nothing is open right now to get cream I have "Baza Protect 2 occlusive skin Protectant Cream" but don't know if it safe to use as I used on my elderly mother when she need diapers.

When will she diaper from our lives [ 13 Answers ]

When will he and i be really togather as a couple

Handmade diaper bag [ 1 Answers ]

So I am pregnant and have been put on bed rest for the next few weeks. So technically I am trying to keep myself from going crazy. A friend of mine has a diaper bag that her sister made her and I would like to make my own. I have yet to find a pattern on line. So if anyone has a pattern they...

View more questions Search