Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Deepti1183 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2014, 03:00 AM
    Ipill Side effects or pregnancy?
    I'm a mother of one.. its been one year...

Had unprotected sex on the 8th day of periods.. and on 13th day had sex where condom broke.. took ipill within 50 hours... it was the time near my ovulation as I have irregular period cycle of about 24-27 days.. within 12 hours of consuming ipill had urge to pee for about 6-7 hours. And now... after 6 days.. again same symptom.. For the last 6 days cramping, backache, pain in legs but no spotting or bleeding. Had pill second time.. but first time I had was 2 months back and had slight spotting.. but not this time.. m very scared.. is this pregnancy?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 19, 2014, 05:18 AM
    You NEED to use protection even while on your period. THere are many women who have gotten pregnant doing exctly that. Unless you are keeping a Basal Temp chart, or had medica tests to determine when you actually ovulate.. then you don't know when you actually do ovulate... because those callenders and apps are essentially worthless. All women do NOT ovualte at the same point of their cycle.

The urge to pee is NOT a pregnancy symptom. I can barely go more than two hours during the day without peeing, but that's a result of Blood pressure medication, and I can assure you by merit of my scrotum and penis... I can not possibley be pregnant. Same with backaches...usually smptoms of many other things...from overexertion to poor muscle tone, and a variety of illnesses.

Incidentally the Ipill isn't effective past 72 hours from intercourse... and it will screw up your period. You have to wait and see what happens at this point... its too early to test.

Sep 19, 2014, 06:29 AM
    Thanks for your response smoothy.. All of a sudden I'm peeing after every 15 minutes today.. I'm worried because I didn't even have spotting or bleeding after I Pill.. Usually bleeding occurs within 5 days of having ipill but today its 6th day and no spotting even.. My periods started on 30 August. Heard that frequent urination is an early sign of pregnancy also.. Confused.. is it a side effect of Ipill... I hope it is :(
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 19, 2014, 06:38 AM
    The Ipill will usually screw up your periods for a month or two... its a side effect. Meaning... its going to do weird things. Timing, how it appears, duration, etc...

Its normal for women in their third trimester to urinate frequently because the bladder is being compressed... but that would be a long way off even if you are.

The only early sysmptom of a pregnancy that is reliable is a missed period....early on everything else can usually be explained as any number of other things...that aren't even unique to women.

Is there any chance of a UTI.....(urinary tract infection)
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 19, 2014, 08:45 AM
    The IPill, esp, after 50 hours, is not near as effective, as if taken earlier. So the risk of pregnancy increases, because of your delay in taking. After 80 ours, it has almost no effect at all

So, now you need to wait and see if you miss the next period.

Yes, it could be side effects or pregnancy, no way to know
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Sep 19, 2014, 01:53 PM
    Yes, frequent urination is common in early pregnancy due to the rise in hormones. Some women will experience this even before a missed period. However, that in itself does not point to pregnancy as there are other possible reasons for frequent urination.

While bleeding or spotting is common with emergency contraception, it doesn't have to happen, and not having it does not mean the pills didn't work.

Wait and see what happens when you would expect your next period.

Sep 19, 2014, 09:56 PM
    Hi Smoothy... Yes you are right.. Since the frequency increased and I had to pee and had urge to pee all the time, it was very intolerable.. also pain in the lower back and abdomen.. to be precise.. I peed about 40 times in 8 hours.. I was forced to take Syrup and antibiotic for infection and it worked.. I was at least able to sleep and I'm feeling better after taking them... so Can pregnancy be ruled out? If it was not pregnancy, will these medicines would have worked.. I'm sorry to bother you.. But just very tensed...

Hi DouLalC

Thank you so much for your response..

Yes.. Its common early symptom but how early.. But I fear of UTI now as well.. Its been 22 days since my First day of periods and should I be experiencing the same? M I just confusing the two.. During urination, I experience some burning sensation and because of the antibiotic I took, had pale yellow urine.. Can you help me distinguish?

Hi Fr Chuck

Appreciate your response.. Can you please comment on my recent developments? M I experiencing UTI or bladder infection? Coz peeing got in control after the antibiotics
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 20, 2014, 03:04 AM
    Always infection and pregnancy, while, yes, pregnancy is perhaps a lesser chance, until you have your period, or do a blood test at the doctor, there is really no way to be 100 percent sure
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Sep 20, 2014, 04:35 AM
    Pregnancy won't be ruled out until you see what happens with your next period and have a pregnancy test if needed. Now that you mention that you are taking antibiotics, it appears that you have already seen your doctor and he or she has determined that the cause is from an infection.

While the increased need to urinate is common when first pregnant, and then again towards the end as smoothly mentioned, the frequency that you mentioned, along with burning, is not associated with pregnancy.
    NobleHospital Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Sep 22, 2014, 02:27 AM
    Cipla''s I-pill prevents pregnancy by stopping or delaying release ovulation (release of an egg), blocking fertilisation by affecting the egg or sperm, or preventing implantation by making the lining of the uterus inhospitable for pregnancy and therefore has to be taken within 72 hours or three days of contraception.

I-pill contains the hormone levonorgestrel, and when taken immediately offers maximum protection against pregnancy. It is a one-pill packet and can prevent pregnancy by up to 89 per cent if taken within 72 hours of unprotected sexual intercourse.. It is available without a prescription at all chemist outlets.

The helpline is intended to provide answer queries, while ensuring confidentiality, regarding the usage, benefit, product availability and possible side effects.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is there any side effects? [ 2 Answers ]

My first pregnancy was terminated due to fetal cardiac anomalies one year earlier. My last period date was 03 Mar 14 and next expected date was 03 Apr 14 but it didn't come till 12 Apr 14 and I went for pregnancy test and it was showing negative. Then I visited doctor who suggests me medicines tab...

Antibiotic/uti/side effects pregnancy [ 0 Answers ]

I am pregnant. My doctor prescribed me an antibiotic for a bladder infection. I was allergic to it so she took me off and waited until the cultures came back. I am only at 50000 count where I know a diagnosis isn't done until 100000. I have slight lower right pain and side pain and cloudy urine....

Side effects of Bio Claire on pregnancy [ 1 Answers ]

I am two months old pregnant and using Bio Claire cream are there side effects?

Side effects [ 1 Answers ]

What are the side effects of metoprolol succ er in adult males

Birth control side effects or pregnancy symptoms [ 1 Answers ]

Im in the first month of using birth control. I waited 2 weeks before having unprotected sex. Now I am on my innactive pills and have had no period. I have experienced a thick brown discharge, and have had frequent urination. I haven't missed any pills. I don't know if these are side effects...

View more questions Search