Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Plaiboi Posts: 32, Reputation: 1

Sep 18, 2014, 05:42 PM
    My 15 year old daughter... Help me
    What do I do when my sweet, funny, kind daughter changes into an absolute monster when she doesn't get to do the things she wants (drink, stay out until midnight,) that her friends are allowed to do.

She said she is growing up to hate me.
    She hates school. Hates her life.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 18, 2014, 05:53 PM
    How do you rate as a father?
    Looking back, I see you asking about your girlfriend a year ago. And boxing, and something called a cray ring.

It might be too late to 'do it all over' but I would try to sit down with her over a light lunch in a quiet restaurant (to cut down on any yelling) and tell her you just want to listen to her, to hear what she thinks went wrong in her childhood.

Do not say one word except tell me more.
    JUST LISTEN. Then go home and think about it, and hug her, and say you want to talk again.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Sep 18, 2014, 08:19 PM
    This is definitely an issue for family counseling. You may also need some parenting classes to get through the teen years. Get some help now before she runs away, or worse...
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 19, 2014, 08:58 AM
    Sounds like she has the wrong friends, children that age do not do all those things.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 19, 2014, 10:41 AM
    What does the other half of this co parenting TEAM have to say? I assume you are a father from your other posts so I assume you and the mother of this child are apart. Is this the case and does the child reside with just with you or what? What's the arrangement?

Normally mom AND dad work together to establish boundaries, discipline, and ENFORCE rules. Why is this NOT so?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My 30 Year Old Daughter Hates Me And Now Had My 18 Year Old Son Move In With Her [ 11 Answers ]

I am hurting. I lived in another state and moved back to the state my daughter lived in to help her, because she lost her son, he was 2 and a 1/2. I lost a son that was 2 days old, so I know the hurt. I came to her house for vacation and felt she needed me to help her. Her life was out of control...

My 6 year old daughter has been inappropriately touched by my 8 year old Niece [ 17 Answers ]

I don't know how to feel about this, so I am asking for help. About 3 months ago, my husband caught my then 7 year old niece touching my daughters private parts. My sister and I talked to both girls and explained that this was inappropriate touching and we thought it was settled. This last weekend,...

My daughter died a year ago and my other daughter went behind the family's back [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter died a year ago and my other daughter went behind the family's back to take custody of her 2 kids. For the last year, the kids have lived with me, not her, but she is collecting SSI and welfare for them and spending it on herself and her boyfriend with not one cent to the kids. What can...

Is there a law against a 12 year old boy having sex with my 12 year old daughter? [ 6 Answers ]

My 12 year old daughter was conspiring with her 12 year old boyfriend to have sex (intercourse). Fortunately we found out in time and are now restricting her freedom appropriately. However, the mother of the boy would like him to apologize to us (the parents) and she wants me to put the fear of God...

View more questions Search