Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zarrin1363 Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2014, 08:58 PM
    Weight of counter weight
    Weight of cabin is 600 kg and allowable load is 500 kg. Chain Wheels Diameter is 290 mm. What is the weight of counter weight?

Name:  counterweight-2.jpg
Views: 394
Size:  38.1 KB
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 18, 2014, 05:04 AM
    Sounds like homework. How did you work it out and what did you come up with?

Sep 18, 2014, 06:25 AM
    if you can, please answer the question
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 18, 2014, 06:38 AM
    Read this first: Expectations for the Homework Help board[

Do not simply retype or paste a question from your book or study material

We won't do your homework questions for you.
    You were given the assignment for you to learn.

If you come up with your own answer and post it for us to critique that is within reason.

If you have some SPECIFIC questions that you couldn't find or didn't understand, we may help with that.
    But this is your assignment, so show us you have at least attempted to complete it on your own.

Thank you.

Sep 19, 2014, 11:20 PM
    It's not a homework. I am mechanical engineer and I need a help to solve this problem. It's a real mechanism not a homework or exam.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 20, 2014, 08:23 AM
    Half the load capacity plus the total weight of the load should give you the weight of the counter balance. However other factors like where the lifting rig is actually placed and cable sizes, have to be considered and that's not apparent from your attachment. Also the composition of the "chain wheels" is a significant factor, so my assumption is based on a straight line from the center of the cabin. Like an elevator.

More specific info would lead to a greater accuracy.

Sep 20, 2014, 11:13 PM
    Thanks for your help. I attached more picture about wheel chain connection. Chain is 20B. Please ask everything you need for a best solution.Name:  1.JPG
Views: 321
Size:  110.2 KB
    Name:  2.JPG
Views: 467
Size:  234.5 KB
    Name:  connection.JPG
Views: 702
Size:  267.0 KB
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 21, 2014, 07:12 AM
    Nice pictures, but they yield no pertinent information. A blueprint would help you figure out the details of what you need to know, if indeed this is an actual machine, and not course work with given details to arrive at an answer.

I have guided you to how the weight can be calculated, and if you have the details then you can calculate the answer for yourself. It's patently unfair for me to do that work, and not get PAID.

Back to YOU.

Sep 21, 2014, 10:02 PM
    It's actual machine and given details as I said in first but I don't know how can I calculate the weight of counterweight and don't know how use details, I'll thank you if you guide me about this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am 16 and I am over weight I weight 216 pounds what can I do to lose weight [ 3 Answers ]

I am 16 and I weigh 216 pounds I want to lose weight I cut down on my junk food and on my sodas and juices I exercise about once a week because I am to busy doing homework but it seems not to work I can't lose weight even if I cut down on all my junk food I need help I want to lose a least 60...

How much good fats can I eat a day in order to keep my weight or lose weight? [ 2 Answers ]

I lost 4kg with a 21 day sugar/carb free diet to break my sugar addiction. After that I've kept really healthy and off sugar and carbs but sometimes I get so hungry like today, I ate 250gr of nuts which have 1200 kcal plus 5 tablespoons full of coconut oil plus 1 1/2 avocados, eggs, chicken and...

Cardio vs weight training-which is more effective for quick weight loss? [ 4 Answers ]

I know most everyone makes a big deal about the "fat burning" cardio, but I also know that having a high % of lean muscle bumps up the metabolism, and burns fat faster. If you're working out hard with the weights, you are getting the old heart pumping too. What would be a good regimen for someone...

View more questions Search