Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lmm89890 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2014, 04:43 PM
    Quick Claim Deed Question in Missouri
    I would like to transfer a property that I own outright to a relative in Missouri. I am thinking of a quick claim deed. The property is worth approximately $90,000. I am basically giving this property to my relative. I have done some research and found that there is no fee for the transfer in Missouri, but I am curious of the tax implications for my relative. I do not want a tax burden on them with the IRS.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Sep 17, 2014, 05:46 PM
    It is a QUIT claim.. IRS Publication 950, Introduction to Estate and Gift Taxes provides many examples of how the gift tax rules are applied to various situations.
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Sep 17, 2014, 08:41 PM
    A gift tax return WILL be required of you (though it is likely no tax would be due if you access your Unified Estate Credit).

I do not think Missouri has an inheritance tax, so there should be NO effect on your relative's tax situation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I do a warranty deed or a quick claim deed if my father has passed away? [ 8 Answers ]

My father has passed away and he had no will whatsoever but he told me verbally that he wanted to put the house in my name. But he passed before we can do that. He is married but his wife is illegal and does not work. And we all want to put the house in my name because this house is the last thing...

Quick claim deed [ 5 Answers ]

My husband and I are separating. He wants to sign a quick claim deed over to me and he is aware that the loan is still on both of our names. In the event we get one file with the local clerk of the courts, if for some reason... he has p0eople coming after him for different issues, back taxes,...

Quick claim deed [ 3 Answers ]

I am buying a house from a lady who has the power of attorney from her father who is in a nursing home. She is selling his home. The land with the house is approximately 1.5 acres, but the land description on the deed does not include this much. The driveway and garage aren't part of the...

Quick Claim Deed [ 1 Answers ]

I will like to refiance my home and take my boyfriend off the deed. How much will that Cost me to do a quick claim deed if my loan amount is $ 650,000.00? I live in the state of Maryland.

Quick CLaim Deed [ 1 Answers ]

Can I title my house into my sisters name, but still keep tax benefits and mortgage interest deduction? I would still live in the house and pay the mortgage and taxes.

View more questions Search