Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Leila88 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 17, 2014, 02:13 PM
    Statute of limitations in Ontario Canada
    In May of 2010 I received, which I now realized is a illegal document to evict my house within 24 hours. I called the police to see if it was for real, and they said it was because I had put the house in His name.
    This was week after my Father passed, since then I have lost my ex-Husband and my Brother. Mentally, and physically, I have been on a journey to hell and back.
    Point is, my mind is now clear, & I would like the money from my home and my home & cottage, an all the belonings that I paid for.
    Question is, is it too late for me to pursue this matter?
    Ontario, Canada
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 17, 2014, 04:05 PM
    You have to fill in the blanks, Leila. Who sent you or gave you an illegal document to evict you fromm your house? Whose name did you put the house in? You should have called a lawyer, not the police. Do you mean that your ex has passed away, and your brother as well ?

I don't see a statute of limitations on what you want us to determine; you will have to give us more information to give you a definitive reply.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 17, 2014, 04:09 PM
    WHat are you trying to pursue EXACTLY.

Illegal eviction or not... you left and that was 4 years ago... ancient history. If you put the house in his name (I assume he owned it) it was a gift... it became part of his estate upon his death. Did he will it to you? If he rented it out...you aren't owed any back rent... then what money do you expect to get? Its not clear in your post. But if he died owing more than its worth... it will be sold to settle his debts before heirs get anything.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Statute of Limitations in Ontario, Canada [ 5 Answers ]

Is there a statute of limitations on the criminal charges of obstruction and mischief. Waiting now for 1 and a half years to appear in Ontario Criminal Court. Also if found guilty is this a type of criminal record that would prevent me from traveling. I thank you in advance. P

Statute of limitations for debt, ontario canada [ 1 Answers ]

I have 4 debts, ( 3 cards,1 unsecured personal loan). At the behest of OCCA I stopped paying any of these debts over 3 yrs. Ago. With the changes in statute of limitation laws can I defend against court proceedings by 3rd party collectors or has bankruptcy become my only option? I have not had...

Statute of limitations ontario canada [ 1 Answers ]

If statute of limitations has run out and I am not bound to a loan any longer does that effect my credit? Would I be able to buy a home under my name.

Statute of Limitations Ontario Canada [ 4 Answers ]

How does the Statute of Limitations in Ontario, affect debts (unsecured credit card) that were incurred prior to October 2003, and are now being chased by those companies that buy debt write=offs? I filed bankruptcy in Feb 2003 and was discharged in Nov 2004, however my wife did not file and had...

What is the Statute of limitations in Ontario, Canada? [ 1 Answers ]

What is the Statute of limitations in Ontario, Canada when a lawyer makes an error in a Real Estate transaction which causes their client to lose money? When I purchased a piece of property back in the 1974’s, the electric, the hydro power and water required an easement to go through another...

View more questions Search