Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    livelifeeachday Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2014, 06:24 PM
    Used laptop that I ordered of Amazon
    So I ordered a used laptop September 6th. I used standard shipping. And the delivery date is the 19th of September to the beginning of October. I always order stuff of Amazon like The Sims 3 games and other stuff. I always get my things early. But since I ordered this laptop it still says preparing for shipment. The seller is from Florida. Should it really take that long to get it shipped to me? And why does it still say preparing for shipment. It said that since the day I ordered it. Please help. I really appreciate it!
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Sep 16, 2014, 06:57 PM
    Maybe you should contact the seller if you have questions as there really is no way for us to know why it takes that long.

The thing I see here is that it said shipping will be between 9/19 and early October....so technically, it's not late yet. Still, if you're concerned, call the seller and ask what the status is.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 17, 2014, 05:02 AM
    You posted this on Sept 16, The delivery date is for the 19th (that makes it three days off before its even schedualed to be due, which is only an estimate), today is only the 17th. As was pointed out... you are jumping the gun way early. THe seller isn't personally delivering it to you, they go through a shipper... that takes time and is out of the sellers hands. Unless you paid for a FedEx express shippment... there is no exact contractual delivery date promised... only an estimate of how long it usually takes. Sometimes they are early, other times it might take a bit longer. Sometimes due to events that are not under the control of the shipper. Weather, accidents, road closures and other natural and man-made events.

Speaking as someone who has shipped MANY, MANY things over the years and received many, many more I have ordered from all over the world.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 17, 2014, 06:27 AM
    A small shipper, may only ship once a week. On some, they do not even finish the restore of the computer, till it is sold.
    Could be a dozen reasons, and no, things I used to buy, came about when told, not early. It is not even due to be received yet, it could be another two week, and not even be late.

But as noted, contact the seller, if you have concerns.

A small shipper, may only ship once a week. On some, they do not even finish the restore of the computer, till it is sold.
    Could be a dozen reasons, and no, things I used to buy, came about when told, not early. It is not even due to be received yet, it could be another two week, and not even be late.

But as noted, contact the seller, if you have concerns.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Court ordered alcohol testing two kinds she ordered a binge test [ 1 Answers ]

My husband an j ARE GOING THROUGH A DIVORCE.hE is fs fighting me for full custody today he told the mediator I drank 20 beers every other day.She said she would order a binge alcohol hair test.I have drank three times in ninety days.Can you explain this test and the results?

How to use Amazon.com [ 1 Answers ]

I got a gift card for visa and I want to shop online so I went to amazon.com I got the stuff I wanted and I put everything I needed to but it didn't come through as in I didn't receive what I had paid for so... I'm thinking I did something wrong =D and I wood appreciate if someone can tell me...

Amazon accounting [ 2 Answers ]

Which method does Amazon use to report net cash flows from operating activities? How can you tell?

View more questions Search