Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hollz Posts: 13, Reputation: 1

Sep 16, 2014, 11:43 AM
    Sore ear
    Hi,
    A couple of days ago I couldn't hear properly with my right ear, so I cleaned it with a cotton bud (yes, I know that is really stupid). Turns out I had wax, but I still can't really hear with it, there is a clear liquid in my ear, and I have a bit of a pain; its kind of throbbing and starting and stopping every few seconds, but the pain is kind of sharp and stabbing. It also hurts a bit to touch near the entrance to the ear canal bit.
    I read on the internet that it can mean you have torn your ear drum and that it usually heals on its own and stuff. It also says to keep it dry.
    Any suggestions on how I can keep it dry when I'm in the shower?
    I'm a young teen, and I'm kind of too embarrassed to tell my parents, so anyway that I could do it without them noticing.
    Also, any suggestions on how stop the pain?
    Anyone that wants to lecture me on how I shouldn't have used a cotton bud, don't bother.
    Thank-you for useful answers. Xx
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 16, 2014, 11:59 AM
    Have you botherd to think about going to a doctor at all yet? After all you have two ears... whats it matter if you end up permanently deaf in one.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 16, 2014, 12:18 PM
    It is only your ear you are embarrassed to tell your parents about ! My gosh, what do you expect us to say. If you are in that much pain, then it needs addressing. You have to see a doctor. Ear problems caused by infections are life altering.

Tell your mom PLEASE !
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 16, 2014, 12:19 PM
    The problem with ears is you can't look in them yourself and someone has too. Someone you trust, and knows what they might see, is the way to go like an adult (parents) or a doctor, is way better than poking around yourself or another young teen, who probably wouldn't know as much as you do.

Why suffer needlessly and take a chance that it's serious? Mom's are great at fixin' stuff on their kid's. You might even learn something you need to know that helps you the rest of your life. Plus she may feel guilty you didn't trust her enough to tell her especially if it is serious.

If you don't have a clue then find someone that does, because it could be a million different things that's the cause, and another million ways to fix it. Like I say, why keep suffering and take a chance it gets worse?

For sure your cotton bud ain't the solution. So let someone take a look.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Sore ear piercing [ 1 Answers ]

I got my cartilage pierced 2 months ago and it is still really sore when I touch it. It is not red. It has never had any kind of discharge or scab. How do I care for it?

Why is my ear so sore? [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I have had a sore ear for about 3 days now I can't hear anything out of it and its blocked I don't know weather I should go to the doctors or not I'm hoping it will just unblock by itself what should I do?

Red tender sore on the top outter skin of his ear it is very sore to the touch [ 2 Answers ]

My dad has a red tender sore on the top outter skin of his ear it is very sore to the touch It leaks puss like yellow fluid all day. When he touches it, it hurts for minutes after He is in the sun a lot so he thinks it might be cancer. Would cancer have these symptoms also What do you...

View more questions Search