Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    malcolmljones92 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 15, 2014, 12:26 PM
    Cleaning
    I am looking to start a cleaning business but I need more information and advice on getting clients. Can anyone help?
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Sep 15, 2014, 12:31 PM
    Starting a business is way more than just wanting to do it and then asking someone how....you need to do lots of research into this. Google searches will probably give you quite a bit. Getting clients will vary depending on where you are and what your exact plans are. You will need advertising and word-of-mouth at the minimum.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Sep 15, 2014, 01:19 PM
    Start knocking on doors of prospective customers.
    malcolmljones92 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 19, 2014, 06:52 AM
    Thank you both. I have started a lot of research. And have started reaching out via email and phone calling. I will take advice that was given. I do appreciate it.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 19, 2014, 07:15 AM
    You also need a business license... and I highly suggest you do it as a LLC type corporation... otherwise one major accident and you could be sued for everything YOU own or ever will own... instead of the business being sue for everythign IT has.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 19, 2014, 08:07 AM
    If you are going to be doing homes.

Pick a neighborhood, and get nice large cards or flyers, go in the evening, and knock on doors, try to talk to them.

Telephone calls, normally do almost nothing, unless you are a professional telemarketer.

For business, also, get out there, and find out when bids happen, and then come back about 3 months before bids start. And start selling.
    HBF Posts: 86, Reputation: 4

Jan 26, 2017, 08:57 AM
    Get a website as well. Most people will search the web for what they need. Also Facebook has proven to be invaluable to me.
    Good luck!
    Stacy

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My kenmore pro self cleaning oven stopped cleaning and showed error [ 1 Answers ]

It heated up for about an hour first

How much should I charge per cleaning 6,300 sqft, general cleaning no windows? [ 8 Answers ]

How much should I charge per cleaning 6,300 sqft, general cleaning no windows?

I just started a cleaning business and am leaning to doing commercial cleaning. [ 0 Answers ]

I started a commercial cleaning business and have a friend that has a lot of knowledge and contacts with people that could use cleaning services and is a hard worker. He is not my partner, but has been with me since the beginning in discussions of who to market and he even purchased business cards...

How cleaning company find cleaning contracts? [ 12 Answers ]

How can I get cleaning contracts?

HOW to obtain cleaning contracts and also how todo marketing for my cleaning business [ 13 Answers ]

Hello I just started my own cleaning business 5months ago with my husband I have one contract so far... its a small restaurant cleaning once a week which is not much... I just basically looked through the phone book and that's how I got it really called a bunch of people and got lucky... What...

View more questions Search