Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pchichi Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2014, 08:43 PM
    A barge is hauled along a straight-line section of canal by two horses harnessed to t
    PHYSICS
    A barge is hauled along a straight-line section of canal by two horses harnessed to tow ropes and walking along the tow paths on either side of the canal. Each horse pulls with a force of[COLOR=red]610[/COLOR] N at an angle of [COLOR=red]16[/COLOR]° with the centerline of the canal. What is the net force on the barge?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Sep 15, 2014, 05:39 AM
    Sounds like homework. You copied the assignment, but you forgot to copy your answer and your work you used to find it, right or wrong... therefore there is notihng we can do because we don't do the assignment for you.
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Sep 15, 2014, 05:42 AM
    You need to reso;ve each of the tow rope forces intop components parallel to the direction of travel (let;s call that the x-direction) and perpendicular to the direction of travel (y directin), using sines and cosines of 16 degrees. Hint: be careful with the signs of your results. Then add the x-componenets to get the total force in the x-direction, and the y-components to get the total foprce in the y-direction. Try itl and post back with your answer.
    Luck0rN0t Posts: 263, Reputation: 45

Sep 30, 2014, 08:43 PM
    The answer is: 42
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Oct 1, 2014, 05:23 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Luck0rN0t
    The answer is: 42
    It always is!
    Luck0rN0t Posts: 263, Reputation: 45

Oct 4, 2014, 09:41 PM
    It always is!
    'Zactly! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Which line of section V of the 8854 form do I use [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I recently moved from US to EU after being a long term permanent resident. I have a 401k which I will not be cashing in. I have to file form 8854. Which line of section V of the 8854 form do I use to list the 401k asset. How is the cost basis (column b) figured out? Thanks

Straight line [ 1 Answers ]

Would be a straight line parallel to itself?

Getting a straight line [ 1 Answers ]

Is there a foolproof method for getting threline straight where the ceiling meets the wall and they are different colours - tried masking tape etc

Why TV went straight line? [ 1 Answers ]

Have a Sanyo TV in bedroom been working great then it went straight line but has sound. A thin line of colored light straight across the middle of the screen. After a while it went full picture. Few days later it did it again and then again and then it stayed in the line. I played around with it...

View more questions Search