Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    JAZZ184 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2007, 11:41 AM
    Mower will not crank over
    Hello,
    I have a 15.5 Tecumseh riding mower. Last summer it had gotten where I would have to turn by hand the fly wheel screen to bypass the compression stroke so the starter would crank the engine. Before I came to this trick I replaced the battery then later the starter with little to no effect. Now this year 07 even rotating the engine by hand does not do the trick any more? Some have indicated that there is a bypass valve that lets the engine start with lower compression. What can I do? Thank for any help.
    bikerguy Posts: 87, Reputation: 13

Apr 7, 2007, 12:17 PM
    Remove the spark plug, and see if it cranks easily that way. I suspect an electrical problem, as I think you did as you replaced batt and starter. How old is this mower?
    Frank
    kryostar Posts: 108, Reputation: 11

Aug 2, 2010, 09:15 PM

Yes check the compression relief valve,and make sure all your electrical connections are good

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Battery will not crank lawnmower [ 14 Answers ]

I have a six year old yard man lawnmower that runs fine when I finally get it to start.the problem is the only way to use my lawnmower is to jump start it or chrge it every time.I thought I needed a bigger cold cranking amps battery but it did not help.I have tried buying a new battery and that did...

New starter... still won't crank! [ 5 Answers ]

OK, please help me fix my Civic before I take a sledge hammer to it. I have a 94 Honda Civic that won't start. It won't crank when you turn the key. The battery is fine. If you roll start it by putting it in gear and popping the clutch it starts right up just fine and runs like a dream. As soon as...

1998 Olds 88 Won't Crank Help [ 1 Answers ]

Hello. I Need a little bit of help on this one. We recently (30 days ago) changed the water pump in our Olds 88 and had no issues. We haven't noticed any leaks of antifreeze, and the engine has not shown excessive heat on the dash lights, etc. Today, we were driving and noticed that the car...

No Crank [ 2 Answers ]

'03 Honda civic hybrid--100,000 miles. Good batterey voltage--does not spin the "starter", when key is turned--checked both the in and the out clutch switches and both work properly. This is new diagnostic problem for me -- having vast experience with all other forms of vehicles. Haven't...

Car does not crank [ 1 Answers ]

I have 2001 Toyota Corolla. When I turn on the ignition switch the engine does not crank but there is a rapid crik, crik, crik,. sound coming from the hood. I tried to jump start and the same rapid crik, crik, crik,. sound coming from the hood. It sounds like there is some problem with the...

View more questions Search