Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    vinny1000 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2014, 03:30 AM
    My girlfriend wants to move to UK from Bulgaria
    I have been talking to a lady on skype for 5 months, 2 weeks ago I went to visit her, I stayed at her apartment, everything went really well, she is working as an accountant for the government, we have both decided that she comes to UK to live with me, she tells me that she can finish her job, which she has done, and now she has to get some documents from agencies and institutes in order for her government to pay her weekly an amount of money, even when she is in UK for life, like a pension, when she comes to UK she can also work, she tells me I need to contact a government agency her in UK to get her registered with them in order to receive her payment, should this be the DSS or an employment agency, I am in the dark with this, she tells me that she has 7 days only to be registered here to receive payment, any ideas? I thank you in advance for any help offered, thank you
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Sep 14, 2014, 04:53 AM
    I refer tyou back to your previous question on this subject: https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/relati...uk-794481.html
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Sep 14, 2014, 05:13 AM
    If she has been working for a government agency, they would know, and should refer her, on whom to contact. What documents is she needing, and from what agencies and institutions? Is she thinking that you can somehow help her get a work permit? Be sure that you are aware of the immigration process if she is thinking of staying long term.

You need more information... as with your prior posts, just be careful, and don't let your feelings for her keep you from being aware of anything that may not seem right. From the little information you currently have it either seems a bit dodgy, or just uninformed on what is involved to do things legally.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 14, 2014, 06:22 AM
    I would see no reason, she would register for anything at this point in your country, to relieve money. If her government is really ( and I don't believe it) going to pay her money... unless she is older and retiring) they would merely pay her into a bank, in her country, she could transfer it to your country, later.

What she should be doing, is passport and visa to travel to your country.
    vinny1000 Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2014, 10:31 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck View Post
    I would see no reason, she would register for anything at this point in your country, to relieve money. If her government is really ( and I don't believe it) going to pay her money... unless she is older and retiring) they would merely pay her into a bank, in her country, she could transfer it to your country, later.

What she should be doing, is passport and visa to travel to your country.
    She has passport, and visa how come isn't bulgaria part of the EU, she is 59 years old

Quote Originally Posted by vinny1000 View Post
    She has passport, and visa how come isn't bulgaria part of the EU, she is 59 years old
    She wants to come to UK to be with me, she owns her own apartment, which she is adamant to keep, when we both retire we both move to bulgaria to finish our lives
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 14, 2014, 11:02 AM
    Bulgaria is in the EU; she won't need a visa, but should carry her passport. One only needs a visitor visa if travelling to a foreign country.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Sep 14, 2014, 12:23 PM
    How long does she plan to stay? Do you have plans to marry? Does she already have a job lined up? Have you looked into her options for immigration?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 14, 2014, 04:18 PM
    Doula, she is not immigrating. Bulgaria is in the EU.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I have a friend who lives in Bulgaria, she wants to move to the UK. [ 8 Answers ]

I have a friend in Bulgaria, she is Bulgarian, she wants to move to the UK to be with me, I would like to know what the process involves, ie: visa, work permit etc, thank you for all replies

From Bulgaria and I married a US citizen [ 3 Answers ]

If somebody can help with advices.I am from Bulgaria and I married a US citizen two years ago.Now we are divorced.I still have my temporary green card available till September 2013.Question: can I still use my green card or it's getting revoked?Can I travel outside US and be able to come...

How to move on from a girlfriend? [ 4 Answers ]

I really need to know how she moved on, and already likes someone. Its been ONE day and I'm still upset. I really need to know how. So I still love her, and everything reminds me of her, Music, Fire, EVERYTHING I need to know how to move on fast.

Girlfriend Wants To Move Away. [ 4 Answers ]

What do I do when my girlfriend of 4yrs wants to move to Las Vegas to go to nursing school instead of just going here in our hometown? She wants to take our dog and just leave to a whole other state and she doesn't want me to move with her, and she hasn't discussed with me where we stand as a...

View more questions Search