Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    swoogydew Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 13, 2014, 08:11 AM
    Toyota avalon ignition
    Toyota avalon ig key just turns lights came on & did not start turned key off & lights still on .tryed replacing key switch but that did not help .please help
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Sep 13, 2014, 11:01 AM
    Did you install the new ignition switch correctly? Sometimes, the key must be in a certain position, before you remove and reinstall the switch.
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2014, 09:41 AM
    The second gen Avalon's were recalled for this.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Remove toyota avalon ignition switch [ 1 Answers ]

Starting my Avalon has become difficult. Turning the key sometimes makes contact and some of the time it doesn't. I have the cilander out but can not figure out how to get the actual switch out.

Toyota avalon ignition switch turns but acts like nothing is attached [ 1 Answers ]

When I turned the key to my 2004 toyota avalon the dash lights light up but nothing happened. The key turns like it is not attached to anything the dash lights stay on now even when I turn the key to off and remove it. So it seems the ignition switch is stuck in the on position how do I resolve...

How much does it cost to replace the toyota avalon ignition cylinder? [ 4 Answers ]

I have tried jiggling the steering wheel, turning the steering wheel forcefully each side, overriding the transmission to change the gears, spraying WD 40 into the cylinder, and lightly tapping the cylinder with a hammer. Anything else I can do, or does the dealer have to fix it? And if so, how...

How do you remove a 1996 Toyota Avalon ignition switch. [ 1 Answers ]

I am having difficulty with the ignition switch on a 1996 Toyota Avalon. The one and only key won't turn in the switch. My next step is to remove the ignition switch and rekey it or replace it along with a new set of keys. Where do you start if you are a do-it-yourselfer. >Moved from Forum Help<

1996 Toyota avalon ignition [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 1996 Toyota Avalon, the ignition won't turn past the start position, any ideas?

View more questions Search