Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    clairehaw Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2014, 04:55 PM
    Investing
    How do you know if you should invest in a company? Think in terms of finance, ROA, ROE.. etc
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Sep 11, 2014, 07:56 PM
    That's a difficult question. I only invest in well known companies with long histories-HD, Coke, Southern Company, Verizon , etc. If this is for a long tern IRA or 401K, I would use Vanguard or T. Rowe Price. My favorites are Vanguard Wellington (65% stock and 35%bond) and T. Rowe Price Equity Income(86% stock and rest mixed.) What is your goal?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 12, 2014, 05:35 AM
    And sometimes, it is a guess, or a feeling. (although you can lose a lot sometimes)

A few of my friends, invested in a silly company, Tandy, way long ago, they became were Radio Shack, and my two friends became Millionaires, I thought it was too big a risk, oh well,

But yes, how much and what goal, what risk are you willing to take?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is investing money in mutual fund better than investing any other investment ? [ 0 Answers ]

Mutual fund is growing in india sloly but steadly so do other investment but for a good return on investment with only 500,000 rupees in hand which are the available options for the investment.

CD Investing [ 5 Answers ]

Dear Sir, I have a question about CD's. I would like to know haw you can figure out the rate of interest that you would earn. If I deposit $5000.00 for three months @ 2.8%APR, how much would my investment bring me? I am new to investing my money and would like to learn how this works. Tank...

Investing [ 1 Answers ]

I want to invest rs 10,000 every month in order to have about 6 lac at the end of 2-3 years. It should be secure, tax free. Am I asking for too much? What are my possibilities? OR Give me an investment plan. Rs 10,000 per month +tax benefit+completely secure+short term, 5 years or so

Investing [ 1 Answers ]

which is best to invest in- variable annuities or mutual funds?

Investing [ 2 Answers ]

I need to invest 5,000.00. What type investment will grow fast?

View more questions Search