Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sonjablue9 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 7, 2007, 10:45 AM
    Taxes withheld for NYC by employer- I'm a NJ resident
    My employer withheld NY city taxes, but I am a non-resident (I live in NJ and have never lived in NYC). How do I claim a refund or credit for these taxes on my IT-203?:confused:
    AtlantaTaxExpert Posts: 21,836, Reputation: 846
    Senior Tax Expert

Apr 17, 2007, 09:16 AM
    The additional taxes will be refunded when you add them to the WITHHELD TAX line. Do NOT fill in the portion for NYC taxes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

FICA taxes not withheld by my employer [ 14 Answers ]

Hi all, I came to US on F-1 status in Aug 1998. I joined my current company on OPT in May 2000. I got my H1B status in July 2001. Till date (Dec 2006), my employer has not withheld the FICA taxes. I was not very well-informed on this and realised it is better to fix the situation. My questions are...

NYC resident taxes [ 1 Answers ]

I live and work in nyc but have a California ID And residence. Can I be considered part time nyc resident. How can avoid pay such high nyc resident taxes

H1B, employer not paying withheld income taxes [ 3 Answers ]

I know that my employer isn't paying the income taxes that he withholds from my salary. Does that affect my situation regarding my H1B? I mean in the application it says that I should be paid a certain salary to have this Visa and if the taxes that are withheld are not paid it will look like I have...

NJ Resident with NYC job - Taxes? [ 1 Answers ]

I recently was offered a new job in NYC. Currently I work in NJ. How do I figure out what is a comparable salary in NYC since I would have to pay NJ, NYC, and NY State taxes so that my take home pay is at minimum the same. Currently I make about $55,000 in NJ. What would my NYC salary need to...

Non-resident: refund of taxes withheld on W2 [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I'm here becaues I'm in need for help about my tax return for 2004 since I find myself in a strange situation. I'm an Italian living in Italy but I've been working during all of 2004 for a US company (telecommuting from Italy) that now issued me a W2 with all the wages that I earned...

View more questions Search