Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shubhi singh Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 11, 2014, 05:28 AM
    I'm just fed up of my life now and I'm only 16.
    I'm just fed up of my life now. I know I'm only 16 just now but then to at this age I have lost interest in life. I always think that something bad may happen to me so that I should leave this world. My Dad think that I'm just useless, I'm of no use. First of all I am not good in studies and this is my 10th and because of which he thinks that I can not do anything in my life, I don't have any future ahead. A few days back only I have given my 1st term exams in which I have performed pretty bad failing in almost every subject, but I am very confident that I will perform well in my boards (ICSE) other wise if I score below 80 then my life is of no worth. NOW I cannot understand what to do, even I don't know about my future that I'll be successful or not. If I can get any suggestions regarding choosing a profession as a girl which provides a good salary and is a bit easy to prepare for, then I'll be highly obliged.
    Oliver2011 Posts: 2,606, Reputation: 746
    Ultra Member

Sep 11, 2014, 05:41 AM
    Wow that's a lot of negativity in a few short sentences. The teenage years are very confusing for everyone. You are learning about yourself, you are learning about life, you are about to enter adulthood, and your hormones are racing out of control. Everyone goes through that and everyone comes out just fine on the other side.

A long time ago I learned one thing that changed my life completely. I learned how important it was to live in the moment. What happened yesterday doesn't matter. Worrying about tomorrow is time wasted. What is important is right now. Google living in the moment and then try to apply it.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 11, 2014, 06:08 AM
    The challenge of youth is learning to deal with adversity, and just having a bad day, or a hard time. The old saying is when the going gets tough, the tough get going. So get tough and lose the negative and don't be distracted by a set back or the bad mouthing of others or you may miss the opportunities and options for success and happiness.

Like kids, and helping others? Nursing and child care or even caring for older people can be quite rewarding. And may open a door to other options. What do you like to do? Where do you want to be in 5 years?

For now, regroup, rethink, keep trying. Never quit on yourself, no matter who says what!
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 11, 2014, 06:12 AM
    So, you fail all the boards, guess what, some of the worlds richest people, failed at many things.

The man who started KFC, ( international food chain) failed so many times, it was almost a joke.

You need to believe in yourself, not what others think.

Also, normally failing test, means you are not putting enough effort or work into study
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Sep 11, 2014, 01:07 PM
    Math and science, for example, will give you a good foundation for many types of careers.
    You say that you are confident that you will do well in your boards--- that is a great start.
    No one knows what the future will bring. Until you can decide which direction you will go, study and build on the subjects that are emphasized on the board exams and maintain the confidence.
    You have received some great advice from the previous responders. Print out those responses and re-read them keep and applying the suggestions.
    I think you lack the support of friends and family. Let us know here how you do on the board exams. Use your time for studying instead of worrying. Don't waste your youth- it is much too valuable a commodity. Best wishes.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 11, 2014, 02:29 PM
    Stop complaining to your dad and being negative with him. I can just hear you talking to him when he asks you a question about homework. I bet you are really whiny. Change your attitude and you will see a big difference !
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Sep 11, 2014, 04:52 PM
    You are not useless. You may need to work a little harder or expand your areas of interest, but I am certain you can do a lot of different things.

The first thing to do is to believe in yourself. Others can say what they want or have their own beliefs, but if you know deep down inside yourself that you can succeed, you will. It will take trying different things and learning from both positive and negative experiences. Don't settle for something 'easy' that you dislike or hate because you are afraid of trying for what you really want to do. Even if your dream job isn't a realistic goal, there can be related jobs that can be even more satisfying.

"Easy to prepare for..." is a subjective phrase. What one person finds easy another person may think is extremely difficult. I know a person who finds it difficult to boil water, but drawing comes as naturally to her as breathing. What are your strengths? What do you find extremely difficult?

Females can do just about anything that males can do. However, some cultures frown on females attempting what they deem male-oriented jobs. Is that an issue for you? What would you like to do?

Is your father's concern about your future making him seem harsher than he might mean to be? Do you have brothers and/or sisters whose future(s) he is also concerned about? Is he having concerns about his own job/future which are affecting how he is approaching your future?
    Precious7 Posts: 333, Reputation: 61

Sep 12, 2014, 11:34 AM
    Don't worry about your future, you can do good in future, if you don't stop and do good in present. No matter what happened, you failed or whatever, but if you don't give up and start again, then definitely your can achieve whatever you want. I understand parents, are just thinking about you future, that you can stand on your own feet and already they have a huge responsibility of family so they also get frustrated sometimes and also just like you they also feel pressured bcos you have a board exams. Remember, parents are also a human being, they are also growing, as you are growing and passing through this stage and dealing with stuffs, so are they! So, don't take it in your heart the things they say about it. Instead you work hard and study hard and make them proud, and show them that, you can do it (as you have said in your post that you can do better in your boards/ICSE). Why are you fed up in your life, during this time, specially 10th or 12th exams, every parents get strict and every kid feel pressured by parents. You are not alone. You can do anything in your life, only if you take a step towards it. Just decide a goal or ambition in your mind, what you want to do or become or may be just passing this exam. And then work and study hard, focus, throw out all the distractions from your life, then the day will come when you will see the result of this dedication and the same parents will be proud of you.
    All the best for you Exams!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am of an age between 10 and 100. I noticed that when I write my age in hexadecimal [ 2 Answers ]

I am of an age between 10 and 100. I noticed that when I write my age in hexadecimal (base 16) the digits are in reverse order of my age in decimal (base 10). How old am I?

I am of an age between 10 and 100 when I write my age in hexadecimal base 16 the digi [ 2 Answers ]

I am of an age between 10 and 100 I noticed that when I write my age in hexadecimal base 16 the digits are in the reverse order of my age in decimal base 10 how old am I

JI Visa Holder Exempt for fed OASDI/EE Fed MED/EE ? [ 5 Answers ]

Hi I am doing residency in psychiatry, currently in first year on J1 visa. My University is holding OASDI/EE and Fed MED/EE taxes from my salary, while my colleague who is also in first year and on J1 visa is not entitled to these taxes. What I have understood so far after searching for all...

View more questions Search