Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Infinity_8 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2014, 01:34 PM
    Can cats really sense ghosts/spirits?
    My dog and cat were the best buddies ever. I know dogs and cats don't usually get along but mine did VERY WELL. They would do everything together, play together, lick each other's fur, sleep together and spend all their time together. I had to say they were closer together than they were with their owners. Almost a year ago my dog passed away in October last year. It was a terrible loss, even worse for my cat. My cat suffered through deep depression after the loss of my dog. He never enjoyed doing things he used to do, he would just lie in his little bed all day and hide from the world, he didn't eat much and he acted a whole lot different than that playful kitty he used to be. That's when we got another dog with the same breed hoping to find a new companion for our cat. But he was still far from satisfied.

When my old dog was still alive he would always make these howling noises everyday and I thought it was very funny and entertaining. But after his passing my cat started to make those same howling noises that my dog did which started to get creepy. Also my cat always looks around the room a lot as if he senses spirit or ghost. He has never done these kinds of things before.

Do you think my cat senses and feels my dog's ghost/spirit presence?
    Also, this isn't really part of my question but I want to find more ways to cheer up my cat because it is obvious my cat is going through depression and we have tried many ways to cheer him up such as buying another dog like I mentioned.

Thanks
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Sep 9, 2014, 02:06 PM
    That is a subject of great speculation. Historically they've had a reputation of being sensitive to the spirit world. My wife has had experiences with her dog protecting her from "things".

There is no honest way to answer that.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ghosts and spirits [ 11 Answers ]

Hi sometimes I see spirits or feel that there's something in the room with me. I have tried asking questions but I never get an answer I have also asked my spirit guide to speak to me and show its self and I don't think I've heard him/her either. I have also had door move when I asked it to!...

Can dogs sense spirits? [ 8 Answers ]

Hi A couple of nights ago I was awakened by what I think was a spirit. The bedroom was dark yet I could still see a shadow like figure just sitting and watching me sleep, I had to blink to believe what I was seeing yet the figure didn't disappear. The following morning my partner brought his...

Ghosts or Spirits? [ 8 Answers ]

This question has always been of interest to me. I believe that when you die, you go to heaven. But what happens to you in between? Are you a ghost or spirit? Can you interact with others after you have gone? Are ghost even real? If anyone can give me an answer. Then that would be awesome. Look...

Ghosts/Spirits, do you believe or not? [ 4 Answers ]

I myself am a believer that another realm exists where an entity I call jinns exist. We do no know much about them,but from what I know, there are good and bad among them,believers and non-believers among them,some go about their way while others enter the human world and cause different types of...

View more questions Search