Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Gret1027 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2014, 05:03 PM
    Cremation Ashes Appearance
    I have lost 2 daughters to terminal illnesses. Both were cremated and I have their cremains. My question is my first daughters are a cream/grayish color, my second daughters were super black and feels & looks like potting soil. Is this normal? Also they weighed almost 3 pounds! My daughter only weighed 19 pounds when she passed away.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 8, 2014, 05:23 PM
    Yes. That is normal appearance. What was cremated with them ? And what does this mean to you?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 8, 2014, 05:37 PM
    Depending on the laws of your state, a box may be required as part of the cremation. Perhaps you moved or the laws changed, or you chose a casket rather than cardboard? Your funeral director can answer this for you.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 8, 2014, 07:36 PM
    Yes, this can be normal. The process of cremation varies and changes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Coloured cremation ashes [ 3 Answers ]

My mother's ashes were delivered yesterday; they are multi-coloured - mainly grey and white as expected but with shards of blue, pink, brown and black flecks. What is this? There was also a bent pin of approximately one inch - was this from the body or the coffin? I realise whoever answers this...

Cremation he wanted and wrote it down,to disperse his ashes there's many a grounds [ 2 Answers ]

My dad recently passed.He appointed one of his friends Power of Attorny and trustee to his estate.Besides the shock of my dad in a little box at his services(my dads written request to be cemated, unknown to us till that day) his ashes were swept off by some woman as soon as the services were over....

Cremation and my responsibility [ 2 Answers ]

I'm the only one who is listed for a patient in a nursing home. She has no relatives. She's dying. I can't see getting a funeral home. Can someone just get cremated Without a church or funeral home?

Cremation and what's required [ 1 Answers ]

A friend of mine went to two funeral parlors to prepay her own funeral. She was told That she needs special papers from the lawyer for cremation. I have cremation in my Will and apparently that's not enough. My partner doesn't even have cremation in her Will, it's just what she told me. Are...

View more questions Search