Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    WeridCatLady Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2014, 05:01 PM
    Best ways to find good homes for Kittens?
    Okay, so, I have five, five week kittens that I'm getting ready to give away, three girls, one boy, and one I'm not to sure yet. (lol) They should be ready for new homes in the next one or two weeks, and I was wondering the best way to find good homes for them? I really don't want to put them in a shelter.. (they scare me a little) Would love to hear some ideas! Thanks for responding..
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 8, 2014, 05:28 PM
    Most humane way is in a shelter. Why does that scare you ?

Your duty was to have the mom spayed before this happened.

Do you want to sell them on a street corner before the next litter comes along which will happen in about three months.

Anymore questions cat lady?
    Jasmine12100 Posts: 2, Reputation: 2

Sep 8, 2014, 05:45 PM
    Onethong real quick kitten can't be taken away from their mother till their like 4 months then they can be. But try to go to living-free.org they are a non kill animal shelter and I'm sure they would be more than thankful to have them

Sep 8, 2014, 05:58 PM
    Thanks Jasmine12100! I will look up living-free.org :D
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 8, 2014, 06:04 PM
    Cats can leave their mother at 8 to 10 weeks of age.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Sep 8, 2014, 06:14 PM
    That was the wrong link. Living Free the animal sanctuary is in California. Unless you are in CA, I do not think they will be very much help. According to their web page, they do not take in animals from the public.

There should be cat rescues or no-kill shelters in your area if you do not have friends or other people who would be interested in the kittens.

Sep 9, 2014, 07:46 PM
    Okay, thanks!
    Chawmp Posts: 4, Reputation: 2

Sep 9, 2014, 08:06 PM
    Safeway and other grocery stores will usually let you stand outside their entrance and give them away--you find them a home and the store usually gets additional business from people buying stuff for their new kitten. Win-win. Make sure they are clean. Pink and blue bows. If you have kids, bring them along. And yes, get your cat fixed so you don't have to deal with this again in a few months.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What are some new ways to meet GOOD men? [ 5 Answers ]

My ex and I recently broke up. Well, we broke up 2 months ago. We had been together for 4 years, but I did not want to commit for some inexplicable reason. I have done a lot of soul-searching the past 2 months and I realized something was missing that held me back with my ex, but I AM ready to...

Good Ways To Advertise [ 15 Answers ]

I am looking for some good advice on some advertising - so I hope Im starting this thread correctly. I do have to leave for awhile, but, will return later. Thanks!

Free 2 Good Homes! [ 9 Answers ]

I have 8 puppies that I regretfully must give away. They must go to good homes. My husband and I live in a tiny one bedroom apartment and are expecting our daughter to be born any day now. I've tried giving the pups away to my family, but like me, they don't have any room for them. They are very...

HOW can I find old age homes in BARRIE Ontario? I need to find my mom! [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there, just wondering if someone could find me a listof them all, thanks!

Ways to stay looking good on flight? [ 5 Answers ]

Hey everyone, I'm flying back to the US for Christmas, it's an 8 hour flight. I'm traveling with my boyfriend and meeting people as soon as we get off the plane... but I always look as though I've been through the garbage disposal by the time I get there! My hair and skin looks greasy and tired...

View more questions Search