Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    WeridCatLady Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2014, 04:48 PM
    My nursing cat won't eat
    She only has eaten a couple bites in the 24+ hours. I tried mixing canned with the dry food and when she didn't eat I called the vet, they said to try cottage cheese, but she still doesn't eat or drink anything. She also got sick this morning with nothing in her stomach. The kittens are a little over 5 weeks, and we're trying to get them to eat canned food, and she's a little over a year old. She's been inside ever since the pregnancy. I don't want to take her to the vet unless I can't treat it at home.
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Sep 8, 2014, 06:04 PM
    I'd take them all to the vet. They should have had an exam after they were born and vaccines given at some point. Get mom checked out and when she's well have her spayed.
    WeridCatLady Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Sep 9, 2014, 07:43 PM
    Thanks for the advice! She's doing a lot better today, and I plan on taking them all to the vet in the next week or two.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Nursing cat had surgery now won't feed kittens or eat [ 3 Answers ]

Hello I am cleopatra's mama, cleo is my kitten who is about 8 months old. She recently had babies. 6 were born only 4 have survived. Anyhow we recently had cleo fixed about a week ago to keep her from having more babies. Now she refuses to eat or nurse, and she has diarrhea. She is an inside and...

Why won't my nursing mama cat care for abandoned kittens? [ 3 Answers ]

A stray mama cat gave birth to kittens lat week. She abandoned them. Since I had a nursing mama cat I brought these babies home. My nursing mama will feed them but it's a struggle. She doesn't properly care for these abandoned babies. Is this normal? How can I get her to care for these little...

Nursing cat emaciated won't eat. [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, my cat has six 5 week old healthy kittens. She's been nursing them. Problem is she is skin and bones, won't eat and has a large abscess on her toungue. I don't have the money to take her to the vet right now. I'm wanting to know what might be causing this and is there anything I can do at home...

Nursing queen won't leave her kittens to eat or use tray [ 2 Answers ]

My cat had kittens three days ago and is not leaving them to use her tray what should I do to ensure that she is OK

Dog won't stop nursing cat! [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I have a bull Dog and a cat. When my kids brought home the kitten The dog took kitten on as her baby, it was very cute and sweet at first. Now the cat is 5 months old and still does it when no one is looking. Ill catch Him and swat him away. I have tried every thing I can think of to stop...

View more questions Search