Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sqnc27 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2014, 01:11 PM
    Communication Strategies specifically for HCA, RN, or MD.
    Teamwork plays a big part if you work in health care. I am doing an essay on communication in the health care setting and I was hoping that someone with experience in the field could help me out.

1) What do you think are some barriers to communicating between your role (HCA, RN, MD) and the LPN?

2) what is your perception of the LPNs role?

3) What do think are useful communication strategies to encourage collaboration that maybe you have used?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Sep 7, 2014, 01:56 PM
    #1 I would have to say the barriers between all four are agreeing on a correct care plan for the patient involved. Each one has a different perspective and a different level of communication with the patient. There should not be a barrier, however, between anyone of them. After all have correlated notes, the general meeting between all (and you didn't include PSW (is this HCA?) should be the general well being of the patient involved and the after this, and only this, the MD should have enough information for a care plan and I would hope for an holistic attitude.

#2 licensed practical nurse in Ontario has as much credabllity as the RN

#3 Useful communication strategies are always 'reporting, reporting, reporting'

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I need help creating a scenario for HCA/220 assignment. [ 0 Answers ]

Scenario 3: You are a medical records technician and have just received the STAT reading report from a radiologist. After reading the medical report, you take it to the physician for a signature. Discuss with the physician the results of the report. Your classmates can continue the dialogue by...

Data Communication, Evaluate the performance of communication [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I would like your help in the below question: Scenario Mr Paul Rainer sits in his office at Avon Cosmetics, in Salford Quays. Mr Rainer is Vice President of corporate MIS and his mind is moving to communications. His Enthusiasm is infectious and all the executives in the company...

Strategies of Communication [ 2 Answers ]

What strategies might you use to communicate the use of data effectively in written business reports?

View more questions Search