Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Lindzzy Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 7, 2014, 10:47 AM
    I want to get adopted
    So my real mother is not in this country and my father abandoned me last year. Since then I had to take of myself because my father is not and my brother does not have enough money to support me. So I want to get adopted by a new family who would love and care for me
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 7, 2014, 11:02 AM
    How old are you?
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Sep 8, 2014, 07:17 AM
    Unless you are under 5, and in the foster care system, your odds of getting adopted are pretty low.

Families looking to adopt want an infant or small child, not a teenager or adult.

If you are under 18 and in the US, you should be in the foster care system, and have a family to live with.

If you are an adult, then you need to do a couple of things. First, you need to recognize that the person who should take care of you is YOU. Second, you create your own family by making a circle of close friends. Love isn't conditional on shared blood.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 8, 2014, 08:51 PM
    Agreed, if you are not a child. ( and obvious, since you are using internet) it is not likely to be adopted. If in the US, and your family does not care for you, then you would be placed in a foster care system.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to be adopted. [ 4 Answers ]

Hi. I'm 15 years old. I want to be adopted can anyone help me? **** personal data and contact deleted*** I am from India. Please help! It's do or die situation for me!

I want to be adopted [ 1 Answers ]

Plzz I want somebody who loves me to adopt me I'm 10 in Kuwait <removed> Ps. If American OK

Should I want to be adopted? [ 3 Answers ]

Sometimes I feel like my parents don't love me. My brother and I always fight and I always get blamed and sent to my room even when I am 14. And I don't know if my life would be better if I was adopted, as much as I have my concerns in wanting to be adopted I would never have the guts to really...

I was adopted(birth parents are dead) but my adopted father is a deadbeat dad.. [ 7 Answers ]

I was adopted(birth parents are dead) but my adopted father is a deadbeat dad... My mother re-married & he husband (stepfather) has been what I consider my father. How can I have my adopted fathers name taken off my birth certificate & add my step fathers name? My mother is now deceased. The...

Adopted in OH, Live in MD, husband wants to adopt my adopted son [ 1 Answers ]

I adopted my son 2 yrs ago in Ohio (single adoption), I live in Maryland. My soon to be husband wants to adopt him after we are married. Would we have to do it in OH or MD?

View more questions Search