Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    atd1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2014, 07:49 AM
    Mold testers
    I've read from previous answers to questions that mold does not grow on cinder block (basement) walls... the mold tester we used on my Mom's basement indicated there was mold present. I realize that we need to address the issue of the source of moisture but wanted to take care of any concerns related to what the tester indicated. Besides spraying bleach on the affected area(s) of what looks blackis grey on the cinder block, is there anything else we should be using to take care of the white growth that appeared in the tester's petri dish?
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Sep 6, 2014, 08:40 AM
    There are several mold inhibiting sealants for concrete blocks, from spray on bedliner to paints to clear lacquer. Pay careful attention to the label of the different products to make sure you get the one best for that particular basement.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Inline ignition spark testers [ 0 Answers ]

This is a research task but there is literally nothing on the internet about ignition spark plug tester. Please answer this question for me: State/describe/explain how automation, quality control, ICT and control technology are used when manufacturing inline ignition spark plug testers

Landlord will not Clean mold or replace mold covered cabinate in a timely Manner [ 4 Answers ]

We have Mold in our rented house! We had a pipe break under our kitchen sink and the landlord came and fixed that about a month ago, and said he would be back to fix the cabinate under the sink. Well it is now COVERED in mold and its even growing in the drawers. We called and he came and "cleaned"...

Electric testers [ 3 Answers ]

How to use electric tester in a fuse box

Diamonds and testers [ 2 Answers ]

What other gems can test positive as a diamond with a diamond tester white topaz,white sapphire??

Receptacle testers [ 4 Answers ]

When using a standard receptacle tester on a GFI circuit, I get a Hot/Ground Reverse reading. When I test the same GFI circuit with a GFI Receptacle Tester, I get an Open Neutral reading. The problem was a loose neutral wire . Are these normal readings to expect from the two testers? ...

View more questions Search