Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    zap100 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2014, 12:04 AM
    Who pay condo document in Washington, DC?
    I just received contract for my condo in Washington, DC.

Before I signed up with my RE agent, I will not cover the fee to obtain condo doc over the phone.

Now the agent request me to get the condo doc and he told me that under the Washington, DC law, seller has to pay the fee.

Is it true?

Thanks.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 6, 2014, 04:08 AM
    Not exactly sure what docs you refer to, but yes I would assume that the seller pays the fees for any documents related to the saleability of the property.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Sep 6, 2014, 06:56 AM
    Did you get a copy when you bought the condo? If so, where is it?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can you rent an abandoned condo - to pay association obligations? [ 5 Answers ]

My condo association consists of 9 units. One of the units has been abandoned over a year - the owner has not replied to any communication, has not paid association fees, and not sure if he has paid the mortgage/taxes - eviction notices have shown up. His lack of payments has created a...

Do I pay tax on a condo that was put in my name before my father died and later sold? [ 2 Answers ]

My father's condo was put in my name before he died. After his death, it was sold. Do I claim this as an inherited property? What do I claim this as on my taxes and how much will I have to pay?

Can I pay off my condo and give it back to the bank. I want out. [ 2 Answers ]

I have quite a dilemma on my hands. I have a condo I bought years ago. I was renting it out but there have been too many problems. The whole condo complex is nearly abandoned and all the value is gone. Tenents keep moving out because the water keeps getting turned off due to no one paying the...

Putting a lien on ex husbands condo failure to pay vechiles due to court order [ 2 Answers ]

Is there any way I can put a lien on my ex husbands condo for failure of paying on vechiles that were in our divorce papers stating that he has to make all payments, upkeep, maintenance and so of so forth? Because he stopped payment on already and that is going though the company that it was...

My Landlord is foreclosing his condo. Do I still have to pay rent? [ 1 Answers ]

My landlord just notified us that he had stopped making mortgage payments on his house a couple of months ago and that he is giving it to the bank. He said we are safe to stay for two more months and after that bank might kick us out. As I understood he no longer takes any responsibility for the...

View more questions Search