Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rhouse30 Posts: 306, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2014, 09:27 PM
    Legal advice about getting money because of Native American heritage
    Any information about the likelihood of being able to get money because of having a great great grandfather being full Native American West Indian, and the other great great grandfather being full Native American, which I have to find out what type; would be appreciate.

Thanks in advance
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Sep 5, 2014, 09:55 PM
    If you are thinking that the government will start sending you a check if you can prove this, you are wrong, won't happen.

http://www.bia.gov/cs/groups/public/...idc-002619.pdf
    mogrann Posts: 860, Reputation: 193
    Dogs Expert

Sep 6, 2014, 05:37 AM
    In Canada you have to have a certain amount of Native to get what you are entitled to as a Native. You file paperwork with the government. It can be difficult but even if you don't you can still learn about your heritage and become part of the community.

I believe, although not positive, you do have to live on a reservation to get the housing and other monetary things you are entitled to.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

American Standard/Heritage 12 [ 2 Answers ]

When we kick the air on ,the fan won't start.. You have to get a stick and manually start the fan rotating.. is it just the fan on top of the unite going bad??

Native American Hallmarks [ 7 Answers ]

I have some very old Native American jewelry that is hallmarked. Where can I find a listing of old Native American hallmarks?

Native American? [ 2 Answers ]

Attached is a picture of the necklace I have. Can anyone tell me about it

Goodman GSZ 14036 vs. American Std. Heritage 15 [ 2 Answers ]

Compelling reasons on both sides are making it difficult for me to decide which system to buy to replace an old oil furnace. One contractor can offer both units but strongly recommends the A.S. The other small contractor who has spent years in the field installing and fixing all brands says the...

View more questions Search