Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Brandonsmith Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2014, 09:18 PM
    What can I go to school for as a felon
    Hello, I'm a 19 year old kid that was in the wrong place at the wrong time, I have a felony hit and run and I'm not sure what I can do with my life I want to go to school and be somebody but I need some advice on what I can go to school for, can somebody please help me out?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 6, 2014, 06:40 AM
    It would help to know what your interests are.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 6, 2014, 08:32 AM
    A start would be knowing your skills and interests as well as education level and certificates. Got a high school diploma or GED certificate?
    Brandonsmith Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Sep 6, 2014, 11:48 AM
    I have a high school diploma and I like too cook but at this point I'm not being too picky about what to do I just want to succeed with my life this felony is not going to break my spirit
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Sep 6, 2014, 11:55 AM
    My best advice is to apply for as many training program as you can and see what happens. Have you tried already and been denied entrance? What state are you in as most every state has a program to help felons.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Sep 6, 2014, 12:01 PM
    Is there a community college in your county? They probably have a (cooking?) certificate program or separate adult ed program that you could get into. Call the main number and ask for the dean's office or Admissions, or check their web site.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 7, 2014, 01:10 AM
    It should not stop you from going to most colleges. You need to call and talk with the admission department

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a felon get a grant to go to school? [ 7 Answers ]

I'm rather new to the site so bear with me.. I am a convicted felon still on probation and due to my charges jobs aren't really to keen on hiring... at least good jobs anyway.. all I'm trying to do is straighten up my life and go to school I am 21 and have no post high school education.. I was just...

Can I go to school for anything if I'm a felon? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm a felon can I go to college in be something with this being on me for the rest of my life?

What would a felon go to school for? [ 0 Answers ]

I'm about to attend college. I'm not sure what to go for. I'd like medical billing and coding. I'm currently attending class for office asst. Any info would help. I was convicted 2005

I am a felon but want to go to school... [ 3 Answers ]

I messed up when I was around 19 and caught credit card theft charge. I am now 27 and have not been in any trouble since, I would love to attend college but I am not sure what degree I would be able to get and use. Please help

Ex Felon wants to go to school [ 5 Answers ]

What kind of careers can an ex felon attain

View more questions Search