Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Beyourself_xox Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2014, 04:59 PM
    Sweating
    Im 11 and this excessive sweating started in February. I got my first period like 2 weeks ago. Annyways, I told my mom and she said, don't worry, nothing is wrong. But I have been sweating like crazy! And this only happens at school. This summer, I didn't have to worry at all. And when I come back to school it starts again! I don't understand what is wrong with me! Will. Baby powder help? And I seem
    To sweat when in worrying about this and I'm sooo scared to wear annything I'm scared to wear nice clothes. What will stop this! Help!!
    teacherjenn4 Posts: 4,005, Reputation: 468
    Education Expert

Sep 3, 2014, 05:07 PM
    Have you had a physical lately? There are over the counter antiperspirants you can try, but you should rule out health issues by speaking to your doctor.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Sep 3, 2014, 05:10 PM
    Do you use antiperspirants? Does your mom buy them for you? You shouldn't be using deodorant, but antiperspirants. You put it on, and it helps you stop sweating, at least under your arms.

To me this sounds like nervous sweat. It happens to most people when they're nervous. The fact that you went all summer with no issues, but started having issues once you got back to school, shows that it's likely due to nerves. Happens to everyone.

Definitely mention this to your doctor the next time you go, but in the meantime ask your mom to buy you an antiperspirant. You may have to try a few before you find one that works for you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sweating in my 60's [ 4 Answers ]

I am 62 and have started sweating profusely, is there a cause? It's mostly around my hairline, face but also underarms. This has been going on about 6 months. I turned 62 in February 2014.

Why am I always sweating!? [ 0 Answers ]

I am going to be 31 years old this year. Let's start there. I am always sweating! I've always been a big 'sweater' since I was younger & into sports, but now whether I am working out or not, I am constantly sweating. We will literally have the air on 76 all day long in our house- and I am still...

Embaressment of sweating [ 3 Answers ]

Basically every morning I wake up and I wash and shower, I'm completely clean, but as soon as I make my way towards school or to a social event I think about sweating and about my armpits and I can't help it. Because this brings on sweat then for the entire time I just sit and keep my arms closed...

Sweating dillema [ 2 Answers ]

Hi.. my best friend now uses baking soda as a deo and it helped her reduce the underarm odor.. her big problem now is the excessive sweating in her underarms.. she feels embarrassed every time.. :( please answer me.. I want to help her..

Sweating [ 4 Answers ]

I have a problem where my sweat really smells. Not a body odour smell, but a very stale smell. I bath every day, use anti persperant, but its some times out of control! My wife has to change and wash the bed sheets at least three to four times a week cause it's that bad, any ideas??

View more questions Search