Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tzuke Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2014, 12:14 AM
    How do I get my foster care records
    I was in foster care in May or June of 1977, I was only around 2 yrs old and only have scattered memories of it. My parents got me back a year or so later, but will not give me any details of what happpenesld or the family(s) I was with. Can you please help me find records of this time of my life?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 3, 2014, 12:59 AM
    You can request the information from the Department of Family services. How much and what information they will provide is unknown.

You may have to prove a legal need and request it though the courts.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 3, 2014, 04:19 AM
    I would be very surprised if they will be able to find records from over 30 years ago. But you do need to contact you're the Family Services agency that placed you to see if the records are available and what you have to do to get them.

I am curious as to why this is important to you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I get foster care records [ 0 Answers ]

I was put into foster care at a young age an now I am getting into college an in order to get FAFSA they need my records showing I was in foster care an the dates . How do I get this ?

How do I get my foster care records [ 0 Answers ]

how can I get foster care records?

Foster care records [ 1 Answers ]

How do I find and/or view my personal foster care records from my childhood online?

How do I obtain records from when I was in care/foster-care [ 3 Answers ]

I have tried everything to obtain records for when I was in care/foster care 1955 - 1965 to no avail I would also like to know if my mother is alive - I have not seen her since 1955. I have searched records - there are no death record for her, so hopefully she is still alive.

Foster care records [ 1 Answers ]

I am the same I want to now why I was put in foster and moved around I'm 20 like and I need to close the case on what happed how can we get them

View more questions Search