Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    simply1975 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2014, 12:10 AM
    I don't know if I would qualify
    Good evening, just a quick question: I am a single person, with two children, working a full time job and am finding it hard to make ends meet. I have looked for a second job to get ahead, but where I live, the jobs are scarce and its hard to comply with others hours because of my shifts at my first job.. and I kind of feel guilty taking away from someone who could use the work more than I.. so I did something crazy and went to a high risk lender and got a loan for 5400.00, I have had the loan since February this year, and so far have paid into it 2136.00 and still have 93% left to pay, looking over my paperwork the annual interest is 46.6%, heartattack.. yes. I was OK for a few months, but teenagers are expensive, and My oldest,19, has since moved out and my youngest,17, is staying with his dad. I am now finding that with this loan, and seeing now how I really shouldn't have done this, I am struggling to get through the months. I have attended food banks, and my family has helped as much as they can up to this point. The financial stress is taking a toll on both my physical and mental health, and the last thing I want to be is useless at work. I have been there for seven years and plan on being there many more years to come. I am wondering if there is anyone who can help me with this loan, even at a repayment plan of 200.00/ month, this is a burden that I have to admit scares me, and something I will never do again.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 3, 2014, 01:03 AM
    Pay, what is needed first. Sit down and work out a budget, kids may have to do without some of the new things.

When my four boys were home, they never got new clothes and we always bought at flea markets or yard sales.

If you have cable TV, consider doing without, consider every cost and expense.

Find that second job, worry about you. And do it. At 17 and 19, they can also find part time jobs to help with their own costs.

No one is going to pay for your error and poor judgement. Borrowing when deep in debt is never a good idea.
    simply1975 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 4, 2014, 09:44 PM
    Believe me, I am paying every two weeks.. and as awful as it sounds, I really don't know how to set up a budget... before I became a single parent, I never had a worry about how I was going to pay this or that, or where I was going to get clothing for my children. My oldest, like I said, is on his own now and is doing very well, and my youngest is at his dads, as per a verbal agreement with both ourselves and our son, he stays a year with me and a year with his dad. I don't have cable, just internet, and a very limited pay as you go plan for my phone. I have applied at a few part time jobs, and am awaiting calls back. I don't want this to be a sob story, because sympathy is not what I am looking for. I was just looking for help to get rid of this loan and cut the payback in half. I am looking to improve my credit, and this company offers that, but this is the first time I have done anything like this and I wasn't thinking interest rate, I was thinking credit score. Thank you for your advice though and if you are able to help with a budget plan, or have any ideas.. I will take them.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Sep 4, 2014, 11:09 PM
    I'm a bit confused. Are you asking us to help you pay this loan? That's what it sounds like.

If that's the case, I'm sorry, but most people are in the same boat you're in, struggling to make ends meet, living paycheck to paycheck. I don't know of one single person on this site that has the means to help you out, and those that do, would likely not. After all, we don't know you. For all we know this could be a scam. Not saying it is, but this is the internet, you have to be wary.

You have family and friends, you mention them in your post. Ask them to help. They're family, and that's what family is for. A bunch of online strangers, aren't the people to ask.

Better yet, ask the "loving caring man" you're with.

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/family...ce-800719.html

Good luck.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 5, 2014, 04:28 AM
    Have you applied for more reasonable loans? Yes 46% is huge and may be illegal. Have you checked your credit score you can do so for free at CreditKarma.com

I'm moving this from the Philanthropy and Charity because we don't allow solicitations and no one here is going to pay your bills. But we may be able to help you get out from under this loan with more info.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My job description changed and I don't qualify what now? [ 10 Answers ]

Hello, my job description changed quit a but. Qualifications for my position last month was. 1: Prior Experience in Manufacturing. 2: Must be able to functions with equivalent skill as an individual contributor, team member, and leader 3: Excellent Written and verbal communication skills 4:...

Friend told me I qualify but I guess I don't? [ 7 Answers ]

So I was planning on NOT filing taxes, as I didn't work, other than odd babysitting jobs which I have no proof of anyway. But my roommate says that even if I didn't work I still qualify for the child tax credit and other such low income, single mother credits and such. But when I tried on...

How to know if you qualify for the cspa? [ 1 Answers ]

Good evening. My mother was sponsored by her father(permanent resident) around 1997 then her sister/my aunt a u.s citizen took over the petition because he passed away. My mother received her Green card in 2007. I was born in 1981 and under 21 years of age at the time it was filed. Would this...

Do I qualify [ 2 Answers ]

I Own A Barbershop And Need To Know If There Is A Grant For Owners Who Train Barbers Through Aprentistship. I Am Currently Training A Vet To Become A Barber. I Also Supplied Everything He Needed As Well As Both Space Which I Could Rent Out.

Can I qualify [ 10 Answers ]

I'm fairly new to the site... I currently have a credit score of 525. Will I EVER qualify for a home loan? I am a 1st time buyer with a yearly income of around $42,000. I have also been on my job for 8.5 years.:confused:

View more questions Search