Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    sunlox Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2014, 06:46 AM
    Can my offer be rescinded over a job title?
    I had a job that was titled "Project Admin", "Reporting Analyst" or "Supply Chain Information Systems Reporting Expert."

In the job, I performed duties that an "IT Auditor" would perform, so after my friend reviewed my resume, he changed the job title to IT Auditor.

I ended up not renewing my contract in that company but later got a job offer from a different company, contingent on passing the background check.

My question is, is the job title I used on my resume going to cause me trouble?

Thanks!
    ebaines Posts: 12,131, Reputation: 1307
    Expert

Sep 2, 2014, 10:17 AM
    As long as your job is consistent with what would be expected of an IT auditor I think you're OK. I suggest you review this description and verify that it properly describes what you did: Information technology audit - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 2, 2014, 01:53 PM
    It might. If they verify employment and your former employer gives a different title it can call into question your veracity and reliability. I would not use anything but your actual final title. If you want to place in the description that you performed the duties of an IT auditor that's OK.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 3, 2014, 01:42 AM
    I agree. On the background check they will ask your prior work, what your job title was, what duties you did, your pay and normally if they would rehire.

If what you listed on resume does not match what they are told they can resind offer

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How doI "put off" or delay a job offer while waiting for other job offers? [ 5 Answers ]

I just recently I started applying at several managerial job openings I saw online. My problem is: I went through a lot of job applications and actually got accepted to several companies. One company is already rushing me to start on June 24th but I am still waiting to hear back on my other job...

BFF rescinded her MOH offer 3 times... [ 15 Answers ]

To get to her wedding, I flew 6000km across the ocean from Europe where I am a very poor grad student and then drove a further 14 hours round trip including a border crossing to get to her wedding. Going to her wedding cost me my only trip home for the next 18 months, and it was a fly in and fly...

1099 misc non employee compensation for rescinded offer [ 2 Answers ]

Hi Tax Experts, I am in a dilemma to decide where to put Non-employee compensation income from 1099 Misc. Here is my information - Indian Citizen on F-1 Visa Graduated in Dec 2008 Had a job offer to join company from Feb 2009 The offer was rescinded in Jan 2009 and the company paid $3000...

About a job offer [ 4 Answers ]

I got a job offer from a company named moon group inc. sounds like a good job, but is this a real company? I'm a little worried just because it's dealing with my personal accounts and don't trust much over the net.:confused:

View more questions Search