Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Sep 1, 2014, 12:24 PM
    Never heard of this scam before !!!!
    I recieved a call from "Microsoft Support" today. Yeah right !!! They appear to be scammers that I have traced back to atleast 2011. You can look it up under "microsoft supprt scam".

If your wondering what it is here is a video of someone else playing along. lol

Fake Call From Microsoft Tech Support - YouTube

It was funny when they were talking to me and they asked what virus support I was using and I told them it was the one that my employer at the NSA said to use on my machine. I didnt know calls could hang up that fast. lol

Anyway, just a warning so others know about this. It is a total scam. Do not give information to anyone that you dont know at anytime. The call did not have caller ID. It still was good for a laugh.
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Sep 1, 2014, 12:33 PM
    They called my wife as well. She rather enjoyed playing along with them.
    Basically they want to create a remote connection before they rife your personal information looking for bank and other financial details.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 1, 2014, 02:08 PM
    They called Alty as well. She toyed with them pretty good.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Sep 1, 2014, 02:14 PM
    I watch a lot of TV. It's mentioned repeatedly.

There's a post on Facebook of someone playing along for literally hours. Pathetic.
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Sep 7, 2014, 11:36 AM
    I have a whistle I blow into the phone when they call. Hopefully they have a headset on.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Scam or Not? [ 10 Answers ]

I was contacted by company by the name of Vmedia( vacation Media), I was told that it was interested in buying my vacation weeks from my timeshare. It sounded real interesting fact too interesting they wanted me to give them 10 weeks and would pay $1500 a week all I had to pay is the start up fee...

Have anyone heard of this company, are they real or a scam, bloomberg financial secur [ 4 Answers ]

I have made a loan request from this company. Bloomberg Financial Securities Ltd. I paid all the amounts requested by them, Then never received my money. I was wondering I f this has happened to someone else out there. Please help

Campbell, Cohen (Attorneys at Law) is scam or not scam? [ 7 Answers ]

If anyone can tell my please answer me

View more questions Search