Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    melons Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 31, 2014, 07:12 AM
    26 year old girl dating an 18 year old boy in Ireland. Is it wrong?
    Am 18 year old boys mum. He has just done his leaving and about to go to UCC.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 31, 2014, 07:16 AM
    I imagine it's distressing, but your 18 year old is a man, and can make his own decisions about right, and wrong now, mum.

Obviously it's not wrong for him at this time. How long have they been together?
    Homegirl 50 Posts: 10,794, Reputation: 2604
    Dating & Teen Expert

Aug 31, 2014, 07:43 AM
    A 26 year old is not a girl and an 18 year old is no longer a boy.
    As a mother I would be upset with this grown woman dating my son.
    How long has this been going on?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Aug 31, 2014, 08:25 AM
    You can't tell him it's illegal, and if you do tell him it's 'wrong,' (a matter of personal opinion), then you may very easily drive him further into her arms. Speak your mind as quietly as possible to him, and keep it short. He's right on the edge of being old enough to make his own decisions, and young enough to make some really dumb ones. You could try the suffering mother approach of "You may no longer want to listen to the advice of your old mum who spent 18 years trying to teach you a thing or two about life," but it could backfire. Anything you say could.

Yet I don't blame you for wanting to try. Just do your best to keep it to a few sentences.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

14 year old girl dating a 17 year old guy? Is it right or wrong? [ 4 Answers ]

So I like this guy a lot and we have hung out for a VERY long time BUT he is 17 and I am 14! Is it right or wrong to date him, if he asks me out!

I am 26 year old girl dating a 18 year old boy, is that wrong? [ 17 Answers ]

I am a 26 year old lady and I am considering dating an 18 year old guy. I just wanted to know what you all think. Is it wrong? He has no problem but his mom do. She thinks I will end up using her son and believe me that is not my intention. Any advice?

View more questions Search