Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    gerrard8 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 29, 2014, 04:18 PM
    44 and 23stone worried need help to lose weight
    Hi I am 44 year old male I am overweight 23 stone approx 322 lbs (wow really sounds a lot when you convert) I cant fit into anything suitable to go for a job interview,quality of life is poor.
    I need help my knees hurt sometimes when I use a treadmill to walk.I would love to learn to run but any time I try I am too out of breath after a short time i.e 60 secs. I have a weight bench but don't know what repetitions or weight to use or frequency per week

Please help
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Sep 2, 2014, 08:30 AM
    You need to start slowly. Weight loss has two parts, input and output. The input is your diet. Make sure you've got a good diet going on, stay away from sugary carbonated beverages, sweets, candy, processed foods, and other sources of high calorie foods. This is harder than it seems with it is so easy to just pick up a curry on the way home. Regardless you need to figure out what you're doing for calorie intact. You need your number for the second part.

That is exercise! You're going ot need to know what your standard caloric output is and how much you need to raise it to get it slightly above what you're ingesting above, this is the hard part. As well since you are, and let's be honest here, severely out of shape you're going to need to start slowly so that you don't hurt yourself. With your treadmill what you need to start doing is a on and off running. Run for 30s, walk for 5 minutes. Repeat. As that gets more comfortable change the ratio. 1 minute run for ten minute walk, 90s run for 9 minute run. etc. Work yourself into this slowly. I would go to a gym for the weight training and talk with a personal trainer. They'll get you on the healthy track too.

As well you need to find a good tailor, a 23 stone man can look damn fine in a properly tailored suit. Even a mediocre suit will look good.

Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I am 16 and I am over weight I weight 216 pounds what can I do to lose weight [ 3 Answers ]

I am 16 and I weigh 216 pounds I want to lose weight I cut down on my junk food and on my sodas and juices I exercise about once a week because I am to busy doing homework but it seems not to work I can't lose weight even if I cut down on all my junk food I need help I want to lose a least 60...

How much good fats can I eat a day in order to keep my weight or lose weight? [ 2 Answers ]

I lost 4kg with a 21 day sugar/carb free diet to break my sugar addiction. After that I've kept really healthy and off sugar and carbs but sometimes I get so hungry like today, I ate 250gr of nuts which have 1200 kcal plus 5 tablespoons full of coconut oil plus 1 1/2 avocados, eggs, chicken and...

Healthy weight? Or lose weight? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I would like to raise my fitness level and loose wieght around my stomach, and upper legs. Although my family and friends say losing wieght would be dangerous, but I think there just saying that. Im so confused, I see myself as overweight and my family sees me as fine. I hate being so self...

I'm worried I'm going to lose her need advice [ 5 Answers ]

hi I need some advice. I'm 2, she's 18, we've been dating my girlfriend for just a little over a year now, and things were going wonderful. Until just after this last christmas. we used to shower everyday together and be practically inseparable with just about everything. We would cuddle...

View more questions Search