Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Skyrocket Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2014, 06:18 PM
    Hiring problem
    Having good background, skills and qualifications and experience and following all normal interview etiquette tips to get hired why cant I land a call center job or pass online assessments for places like Walmart and different assessments that are like 110 questions??
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 28, 2014, 07:40 PM
    If you can't pass a Walmart assessment for reasons other than mental illness history or a criminal past. Perhaps its time to start considering a career in Law care.

Now of course how could we possibly guess what your specific problem is since we didn't see what you problem is or guess. If you have zero work history, that's likely it. Call center jobs actually require a skillset... and isn't a job a trained monkey could do. Even if it might not be one of the more pleasant ones to have.

Also who determined you have good skills and qualifications? Have you worked in that industry previously? How old are you, what kind of jobs have you held in the past? Been fired from any, and were any of them for cause. THere are a lot of possible reasons. As far as Walmart most of their applicants aren't competing with College graduates that hold PhD's.

I've knowm MANY people who grossly overrate their own qualifications.....many of them recent graduates from high school or college.

Now I didn't intend that to be mean....but to provoke a more honest and objective reassessment of your actual skillset and experience.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Aug 28, 2014, 07:59 PM
    I have been looking for a job and I go for things that I have a background in. I was a mechanic for over 15 years...I've been in the auto industry in one way or another for over 25 years. Think anyone will hire me? Hasn't happened yet. Of course, I am not going for a fast food job or a cashier or anything like that... I am not going for huge jobs either because I don't really need one right now, but I am sticking with what I know and what I'm good at. I figure it is probably that I ran my own business and they figure I won't stick around for their piddly job or that my age plays a factor...I'm 47. So anyway...even I don't know for sure why nobody wants me so there is no way for us to know why they aren't hiring you. Just know this...you're not alone.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hiring a dj. [ 1 Answers ]

I want to to hire dj in Brisbane for my cousin's marriage, so any suggestion regarding to that?

Hiring Ex Felons [ 18 Answers ]

Is It Illegal NOT to hire a person based solely because they are an ex felon. After they have paid their debt to society, should they be allowed another chance to rejoin the working class? It seem to me that if you make a mistake society makes you pay for it for the rest of your life. What say...

Hiring family [ 2 Answers ]

When you hire a family member, i.e. a nephew, do you by law have to provide workmans comp ins on them

Hiring Probability [ 5 Answers ]

Question: Of 64 qualified applicants for job classification B, 16 have long hair. In the past the agency hired 8 positions. If the agency hired without regard to hair length, what is the probability of hiring 7 people with long hair out of the eight new hires? Would you say that the agency...

Hiring without being bonded [ 2 Answers ]

Can a business that needs to have it's employees bonded to enter customer's home, legally hire someone who has not been bonded? I stupidly signed a contract with a business before they had all my information - insurance, registration, background check- and decided the job was not for me. They are...

View more questions Search