Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    82nddood Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2014, 12:43 PM
    Guard soldier marrying active duty?
    I'm a guard soldier in the Special Forces Qualification Course at Bragg. I've just started, and will be here for 3 years of training on active duty orders. My fiancé is shipping for active duty basic training in a couple of months. My question is, am I able to get her stationed here at Bragg with me, since I'm PCS'd here on active duty orders? Any and all help will be appreciated!
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Aug 28, 2014, 01:47 PM
    Shouldn't you ask your CO?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 28, 2014, 02:11 PM
    Yes I agree. You should be asking your CO in the first place. But I don't think the military will allow it. It will distract both of you.
    smearcase Posts: 2,392, Reputation: 316
    Ultra Member

Aug 28, 2014, 03:59 PM
    There is a Married Army Couples Program explained in the following. Don't know about fiances though, doubt that unmarried qualifies for any consideration.
    Army Married Couples Assignment Program

Edit: Just noted your question indicates marriage planned- so maybe you can fit in.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 28, 2014, 11:05 PM
    Normally not until married. This is something you will have to work out though the proper chain of commands.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pregnancy while Active Duty in the Army [ 5 Answers ]

What would happen if my girlfriend get pregnant while Active duty in the Army?

I am marrying a soldier. Will they allow me to relocate to protect my daughter? [ 0 Answers ]

I have a PFA against my daughter's father because he is mentally and physically abusive. We share legal custody but I have primary physical custody. He is supposed to have visitation 2 days a week and hasn't taken her on his days in about 8 months. Unless he and I are on speaking terms, two...

Re-enlistment to Active Duty possible? [ 1 Answers ]

I just received an Honorable Discharge in August of 2008. Due to the economy and the Job market... I am wanting too re-enlist back into Active Duty Status. My discharge was a Ch. 5-13 Personality Disorder Discharge. Does anyone know the stipulations, like: will I have too get re-evaluated by a...

Marrie active duty soldier? [ 4 Answers ]

How do I go about getting married if my soon to be husband in miles away in the military?

View more questions Search