Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    skearney Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 28, 2014, 11:34 AM
    murray lawn mower manual belt diagram 40508x92
    I need a diagram for a murray riding mower model 40508x92 for a drive motion belt 37x87 it is a 2000-2003 mower replaced the belt but the mower will not move
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Aug 28, 2014, 01:47 PM
    Did you use the correct width belt? You should be aware that a belt does not grip and turn a pulley by the tension. It of course must have the correct tension but the griping action is cause by the fact that when the belt bends around the pulley it's width expands. That expansion grips the walls of the pulley. Incorrect width won't have any gripping power.
    crigby Posts: 4,343, Reputation: 107
    Outdoor Power Equipment Expert

Aug 28, 2014, 07:15 PM
    Hi,
    The breakdown says it is correct. It can be seen at one of the breakdowns at this link:
    Murray Parts Lists Murray Lawn Mower Parts lists
    It is just a Murray 40" Walmart machine and the routing is pretty straightforward. The other question would be "Have you had a rear wheel off and not put the key back in? "Easily seen by seeing the axle rotate backwards in the center of the wheel.
    Peace,
    Clarke

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

murray lawn mower belt diagram 309029X920 [ 1 Answers ]

The belt on my Murray broke and I bought a replacement belt and installed it but not sure it's on right BC the mower will not start. Can anyone help me out maybe with a diagram or something?

murray riding mower replacement belt 40" model #40508x92 [ 0 Answers ]

I am having trouble replacing a drive blade belt for my murray 40" 12.5hp model#40508x92 I don't have a diagram or manual to show how the belt is supposed to go around the pulleys if anybody does it would be greatly appreciated.

Need transmision belt diagram for murry #40508X92 mower [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Murry 14.5 hp 42 in. cut mower. The model number is 40508X92. I need a daigram for replacing the trasnmisson belt. The area I am having a prblem with is at the tension pulley.

Diagram for Drive Belt on a 42" murray riding lawn mower [ 1 Answers ]

I have a drive belt for my Murray 42" twin /c 17 hp. Model # 42505X42A (I think, it was hard to read). What I need is a diagram to replace it.

I need a diagram for murray lawn mower drive belt [ 1 Answers ]

I am replacing a drive belt for a murray lawn mower. I need a diagram to show how to route it model# 465306x8.

View more questions Search