Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    drizzt11 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2014, 08:23 AM
    Does my ex have to pay her half of rental agreement after she's gone
    I moved in with my ex in Sept 2013 she left the property after 3 months, and I paid all the bills and rent until the earliest time I could get out of the contract, which was 8 months (may 2014) but she never took her name off the contact, am I entitled to claim half of the last 5 months rent back.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 27, 2014, 08:24 AM
    If her name was on the lease, yes. You would have to sue her for it.. then if you win collecting it might be the hard part.
    AK lawyer Posts: 12,592, Reputation: 977
    Expert

Aug 27, 2014, 11:50 AM
    I assume "ex" means ex-"significant other", not ex-spouse.

If the parties were married, this should have been addressed in the divorce decree.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Rental agreement [ 3 Answers ]

I am a mother of 3 and am on a program that assist people with disability's in New York city .My landlord has just put the building I live in up for sale with out notice and still collecting rent is this legal

Getting out of a rental agreement [ 1 Answers ]

Shouldn't all involved parties sign a rental agreement together? Me and my husband moved out of our rental house when we bought a new house. The landlord found a new set of tenents and the wife signed the contract. Well, the husband wouldn't sign it and the deal fell through. Are we still...

Rental agreement [ 1 Answers ]

If I make payments on a TV through a rental store but it is not always on time, but it is always paid,can they repo my television?

Rental Agreement [ 2 Answers ]

My daughter was anxious to relocate & she gave a deposit & rent for a place that she had not seen the inside of. After being given the keys, she went to the duplex & discovered it was MUCH smaller then expected. She was not able to contact the manager the remainder of the weekend so on the 3rd...

View more questions Search