Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jarryd Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2014, 12:23 AM
    Has anyone else experienced this?
    We found out my father had cancer, it was abdominal cancer, we always thought it was a stomach syndrome, that's what the doctor said, he was rushed into hospital one morning when his stomach became in massive pain, I didn't really know what to do but he called a taxi to the hospital even though he should have called a ambulance.
    he was rushed into surgery one they saw the x rays, his stomach had twisted up to his chest, anyway after surgery he was in hospital for about 2 weeks, he was fighting to get home, the first day was great, our karate constructor came down with 39 others from the club and they all somehow squashed into our lounge room which was pretty funny, my dad was then awarded a bushido cross and his black belt, I was so proud of him.
    the next morning he was breathing funny, the nurses came over and said he would pass today but he was very strong, he lasted another 4 days but unfortunately passed on my sisters birthday, but a day before he was passed he went back to the hospital because he was to hard to take care of and kept falling over and it was so hard to see him like that, we just couldn't manage, and while he was in hospital at home me and my mum and sister both saw a tall black shadow but just for less then half a second, we all saw it at different times an different places, I saw mine when I was looking in the mirror and I saw something really tall go past.
    What was this shadow? Was it death or maybe a family member guiding him, he hadent even passed yet and it was in our house.
    CravenMorhead Posts: 4,532, Reputation: 1065
    Adult Sexuality Expert

Aug 27, 2014, 06:27 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jarryd View Post
    ... , and while he was in hospital at home me and my mum and sister both saw a tall black shadow but just for less then half a second, we all saw it at different times an different places, I saw mine when I was looking in the mirror and I saw something really tall go past.

What was this shadow? Was it death or maybe a family member guiding him, he hadent even passed yet and it was in our house.
    I am a atheist so believe the gravity when I say, God only knows.

There are many explanations and they fall into two categories.

The first is the metaphysical and this is dependent on your beliefs. It could be the spectre of death hovering and waiting to take him to wherever he believes he should go after this life. Could this be an angel taking to God's side? A demon waiting to drag him down? Could it be a guide to take him to his next life? I can't honestly say. There are too many different sources and none of them are verifiable. Your faith is required to decide what this is and what it means. Talk to a priest. Talk to a imam. Talk to a rabbi. Go to the Buddhist temple or a shinto shrine. Talk to holy men and just men. That crazy guy down town with the sign. You would be surprised.

The second is the scientific explanations. Note that it is perfectly valid for science to say that they can't explain that yet. What you could be see is tricks of the light. I get those every now and again myself. It happens with my glasses, or if I am looking at something bright and glance away the sun spot sometimes takes an eerie form. It could be what you're expected to see, both you and your mum expect to see this and do. The brain is a big scary place and I hate the seeming cop-out of "It is just your tired, stressed, grief stricken, mind playing tricks on you to help make sense of a situation that makes no emotional sense.

I am deeply sorry for your loss. I hope you find answers. Don't dwell on this in your time of mourning.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 27, 2014, 06:50 AM
    He was on the verge of passing on, and you were being notified. The shadow came to you and other loved ones. I think this is a wonderful thing. I hope you were not alarmed.

Yes I experienced this, at my mother's passing, and my I fafher's, although not in the same way.

I, too, am sorry for your loss.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Innocense vs. Experienced [ 9 Answers ]

I have a question about someone whom I know and I'm trying to understand the person's pychology. The person loves "innocent" people - (or people who don't have a lot of experience, and who seem very innocent) even though this person is someone who's experiened in many things - relationships,...

More experienced [ 16 Answers ]

Going to take it further with the person I like He is a lot more experienced than me Will he find this a problem I feel more self conscious now lol :/ X

Anyone experienced this? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. My last period was 25th April. I bled for a day in may 8 days past my period due date. And I have been getting some symptoms of pregnancy. The thing is though I did a test and its negative so I will need to wait until my next period to test. But me and my boyfriend were having sex tonight and...

Has any one ever experienced this? [ 3 Answers ]

I am 1 week past ovulation and I am experiencing some nausea and also I have got and yeast infection (sorry to be so blunt). I have never had one before and I just wonder if that could be a sign of pregnancy or if any one has ever had this happen to them.

View more questions Search