Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CroCivic91 Posts: 729, Reputation: 23

Feb 27, 2005, 05:22 AM
    Great!
    I'm glad it works again. I'm also happy my suggesstions helped someone solve a problem, as I was happy when someone else helped me.

Honda is a nice and reliable car, just keep it tuned up and it's great.

You might want to disconnect the negative batterry lead for 20-30 seconds to reset the ECU, and then after 100 miles of driving do the check of error codes - it might point out if anything else needs attention.
    chubaka Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2005, 10:28 AM
    Does it matter if the positive terminal was disconnected rather than the negative? I had the positive off during much of the work. Thanks so much again..
    CroCivic91 Posts: 729, Reputation: 23

Feb 27, 2005, 12:00 PM
    It doesn't... only important thing is that you had your batterry disconnected.

For a list of ECU error codes, visit http://www.4thgenerationcivic.com/
    In the menu on the left side, 4th in a row is "FAQ & ECU codes". You can find codes there.

Take care of yourself, and your Honda :)
    labman Posts: 10,580, Reputation: 551
    Uber Member

Feb 27, 2005, 12:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by chubaka
    Does it matter if the positive terminal was disconnected rather than the negative? I had the positive off during much of the work. Thanks so much again..
    Once you have the positive terminal off, it shouldn't make much difference. However, one slip of the wrench while taking the positive off, can create a short circuit, sparks, burn holes in things, and all sorts of damage and injury. Better to take off the negative.
    chubaka Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Feb 27, 2005, 03:16 PM
    Labman,
    Thanks for the warning. Back years ago I did make that electrifying mistake on my 67 Camaro - cost U$3600.00 brand new (SS350/convertible/RS package/faster rear etc.). Since then I have always remembered the dangers of the positive terminal. Thanks for the warning it can be very important.

CroCivic91
    You just keep on giving! I checked the site - those codes will come in handy. Thanks again - "you have a good heart!"
    The Civic belongs to my son. I have driven Ford Econoline vans for the last ten+years - for business and pleasure , mainly business. If you ever need help with one of those babies, especially the older models just ask.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

91 honda civic [ 4 Answers ]

I have a 91 honda civic 4 door sedan dx. I just replaced the rotor and distributor cap and now the car won't start. First I checked multiple times to be sure I had the firing order correct. I then read the thread written by CroCivic91 and checked my ECU codes. I got a 10 and 16. The 16 sounds...

91 Honda Civic [ 3 Answers ]

Engine runs rough - a lack of power but not a hard miss - until engine warms up but car must sit for at least 18 hrs. 170,000 miles. Replaced plugs, cap rotor - no help. Distributor shaft has minor oil leak allowing oil to get inside of cap - maybe related.

Honda Civic Dx [ 1 Answers ]

Hey I was just wondering what the size of speakers are in the front are rear on a honda civic dx 1991

Honda Civic 95 [ 5 Answers ]

Hey guys, I have a civic that every time I put the break the dashboard light comes on is that normal?

View more questions Search