Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Foil Posts: 178, Reputation: 4

Aug 26, 2014, 07:08 PM
    Ohio (Lucas Couty) Medicaid - Is money only due if I use medical services?
    I am 48 and in June I was told I qualify for Medicaid (provided my income stays below ~$16,100) and received a card and handbook.My question isn't answered in the book so...
    If I never go to the doctor and never get sick and my income stays below that level do I pay a monthly premium anyway? Or is money (premimum) only due if I use medical services? No statements have arrived in the mail stating anything is due.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 26, 2014, 07:23 PM
    Premiums are paid up front whether you seek medical attention. Co-pays are paid when services are rendered.
    Foil Posts: 178, Reputation: 4

Aug 26, 2014, 07:32 PM
    Any idea why they haven't said how much the premiums are or sent me a statement saying payment is due? Do I wait till next year to start paying as this is my first year on Medicaid.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 26, 2014, 08:05 PM
    I have no idea. You can try calling the member services number on the back of your card and ask them these questions.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Aug 26, 2014, 08:13 PM
    No different than say, home or auto insurance. You pay for it but hopefully never need it. The only one you know for sure will be used is life insurance.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 26, 2014, 08:46 PM
    Medicaid, is or was part of the welfare system. In the past, there was no cost for it, (except to the tax payers) but the coverage was a lot worst, than private insurance and not all doctors accept it.

Some changes do require small monthly costs, but that would have been paid, prior to issue.

When applying on National web sites people who qualify for medicaid are being sent over to the States for that.

You can call the number on the card, the customer servcie rep can always help you

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tree services from Ohio State University [ 2 Answers ]

What tree services that OSU Aborteum provide to the general public for tree around the home?

Can an employer ask about medical background based on a past due medical bill? [ 1 Answers ]

Can an employer question the nature of a medical bill or your medical background based on a past due medical bill on your credit report?

Does Medicaid in Ohio Cover pregnancy Care and Birth? [ 1 Answers ]

I was next wondering if Medicaid in the state of Ohio Covers for Pregnancy Care and Birth of the unborn child?

View more questions Search