Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mycleaning Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2014, 01:59 PM
    How to bid on cleaning jobs?
    I would like to start a commercial cleaning business. I have worked for others for to long. What I mainly need to know is how to bid a cleaning job on houses that start around 3000 to 5500 square ft.
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Aug 26, 2014, 04:22 PM
    That is up to you to determine bidding. Look at all your costs, taxes, insurance, licenses, bonding etc, labor costs, auto costs. Then put in a profit factor.
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Aug 26, 2014, 05:38 PM
    Have you ever worked doing this before long enough to know what is involved, and what the other places charge?

Amazing how many people think its so easy to start a business they probibly never worked in before.

This is a VERY competitive field... by people how know EXACTLY what it costs to run the business and pay the people... and not overbid themselves out of jobs or underbid themselves out of business.

THey have the advantage of experience... something you won't have, and will make many possibly customers hesitant to go with the unknown and unproven.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to bid on carpet cleaning jobs [ 3 Answers ]

I have a commercial cleaning business and I am going to start offering carpet cleaning. I need to know how much to charge for these cleanings. I have never done carpet so I'm not sure how to price it. I have four buildings that are 3000 sq. ft. and one building that is 10,000 sq. ft. Do I price by...

How to bid on commercial cleaning jobs [ 1 Answers ]

I have a cleaning co. And I am currently bidding on a 5500 sq. Ft. Commercial building how much should I charge?

How to bid on office cleaning jobs philadelphia? [ 5 Answers ]

Hello, I have just started my new cleaning business and need a little assistance. I read a lot of other threads in regards on how to bid, however rather get my own personal support instead of feeding off someone else thread. I am a new small office cleaning company provided services to...

How do you bid for cleaning jobs [ 5 Answers ]

Hi! I have a small cleaning business but I'm looking to advance in the business. How do I go about looking for bids, doing a proposal and pricing? I really need your help so if you can give examples with the pricing that would be great! angels2

How to bid on cleaning jobs on the internet [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I'm new to this but I heard that you can bid for a cleaning contract for companys trough the internet or there is companies that specialize in getting you cleaning contracts and these companies have websites does anyoe know of these? Thanks my name is casandra

View more questions Search