Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tobyharris393 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 26, 2014, 06:26 AM
    How to Apply For Foster Care? (15 Year old Male, Aus)
    Hi, my name is Toby and I'm from Orange, NSW, Australia, and I'd like to look into the options of foster care.

First of all, I'd like to tell you my story; I grew up in your average Australian Household (kind of) with a single mother, a sister, and a father who lives away from us and doesn't contribute financially. Things were pretty average until year 7-8, when my grades started failing, because its around this time that my mother became what I believe to be abusive. She had always hit me as a child, but as I got older, she moved on from the wooden-spoon method of discipline to full-blown punching me in the head, which wasn't the worst of it, as I got older, bigger and stronger, she stopped hitting me and has started verbally abusing me - she still hits my twin sister, whose only 5 foot, grabbing her by the hair, etc - with her favorite insult as-of-late being telling me to drop out of school and kill myself (my family having a history of depression) and telling me I have no use in society. Another thing she has become particularly fond of is wielding kitchen appliances and utensils like knives, scissors and stick-blenders, further reason for me to seek action.

Any advice is appreciated, especially from those in similar situations. Thanks.
    (Sorry about my spelling, punctuation and grammar.)
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 26, 2014, 12:40 PM
    The first step is finding the proper information and guidance. Read this link carefully before you make a decision. Your mom may need some extra help, but you and your sister obviously do.

http://www.community.nsw.gov.au/welc...s_website.html

contact us

I believe they may be able to answer your questions.

Good Luck, hope it helps.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I'm a 14 year old boy and iwant out of foster care what do I do [ 4 Answers ]

I am 14 I will b 15 in January I'm in foster care I want to go live with my birth mom what do I do?thank u for any suggestions J

How do I obtain records from when I was in care/foster-care [ 3 Answers ]

I have tried everything to obtain records for when I was in care/foster care 1955 - 1965 to no avail I would also like to know if my mother is alive - I have not seen her since 1955. I have searched records - there are no death record for her, so hopefully she is still alive.

Can a 17 year old leave foster care in the state of Kentucky? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm am a 17 year old girl , Ive been in a foster home for the past 6 months and I really want to go home, I miss my family and I'm missing out on my nephews and nieces grow up and I really miss my boy friend, I went to court and my dad told the judge he didn't want me any more, is there any thing...

My nephews are in foster care and I want to care for them myself. [ 5 Answers ]

My nephews are in foster care and their mam,my sister has recently died.my mam has recently been denied kinship of the children,and I'm putting myself forward to care for them.what are my chances against social services.

View more questions Search